Audiosurf: PD Style!

I recently got Audiosurf on Steam (if you don’t know what it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRtNZag90Y. He’s doing Pusher, which I don’t like…more on that later.) I’ve been addicted with it. Unlike Guitar Hero, you literally ride your music. The track bounces to the beat, you slow up and slow down depending on the tempo, and when something major in the song happens, well, it’s awesome.

Why am I telling you this? Well, today I decided to load up Sona Mi Aeru Ec Sancitu, just for kicks. The result was almost orgasmic. I had chills at points. I played other music from PD games, with the same effect. That’s when I got the idea for a forum Audiosurf competition using PD music.

If you don’t have the game, you can download it from Steam (a free game client) for a mere $9.99. That’s cheap, considering the amount of levels are literally endless (you choose the songs from your harddrive). Once it’s installed, register a name to be placed for all the songs you do on the leaderboards.

I think it’d be best if we do the competitions in Elite Ninja Mono Iron Mode for difficulty. The other ones are either too easy or are gay (create color combos and shit…dodging gray blocks moving at you at an alarming rate is where it’s at). Hell, I’ll even make a TWOTA Steam group. Post your names on Steam. Mine is PIRINJA.

Some Panzer songs put you to sleep when you play them with Audiosurf, although Sona Mi Aeru Ec Sancitu really is an exception. :anjou_happy:

One of the Panzer Songs I had most fun with so far is “Ancient Weapon 2” from the Orta soundtrack. Here is a video of how that looks like.

Just in case anyone is interested, the price has gone down to ? 2,5. There seem to be a lot of good deals on Steam for the holidays, Mirror’s Edge for example now costs only ? 3,74 (today only).

Wow, that’s a really good deal.