Anyone else see kill bill vol.2 last night?

myself and some friends began watching the kill bill 1 DVD at 7:30pm. once it concluded we all got into cars (it took 2 cars and a truck to fit all of us) and we made our way to the theaters. we stood in line and saw a bunch of people we all knew; some of them were going to see kill bill 2, some were going to see the punisher, and a few were going to go see hellboy (…). so we all got our tickets and ended up standing around in this mob of like 400 people waiting to go in. at 10:20 they let us in even though the movie was supposed to start at 10:15. some 2 hours later i exited the theater very happy.

i don’t want to give anything away here but if someone else has seen it and cares to discuss, i’ll throw up some spoiler warnings

just some observations: kill bill 2 was much less bloody, much more funny, and you get to see just how original of an idea tarantino had for it.

peace out!

I saw it tonight. It’s a good ending for the first half, but doesn’t stand on it’s own as well.

could be, i guess i can’t give a pure opinion since i (effectively) saw them as one thing. they could have gone apocalypse now style and went for 3:30+ hours for the full experience.

i saw the re dux of apocalypse now with 45 minutes of extra footage in the theaters. then my brother went to this event for the debut of LotR return of the king where they showed the first two with all the extra footage then the last one with all of the extra footage. there were two 15 minute breaks and it lasted almost 13 hours.

he showed me up… someday i’ll watch all of the rocky movies in one sitting, then i will be king!!

My goal is to sit through Andy Warhol’s 24-hour movie.

I’ll have trouble finding a theater that shows it though, most independantly owned/art theaters have all closed down and couldn’t make a profit if they showed something like that.

it seems you like movies that are a little off the beaten path :wink: perhaps you’ve seen waking life? the city of god? those are two of my favorite movies.

If you want long movies, how about watching ALL THREE extended DVD’s of LOTR, in a row?

I still haven’t seen the first episode.

I can’t wait to do this.

Same here.

As for Kill Bill Part 2… I saw the first one with some friends, but I found it difficult to relate to the main character. It was an alright movie, but not really my thing. I mean, it seemed more about fighting than story, although I haven’t seen the second one so I don’t know how it’s resolved.

I am a movie buff, but I haven’t seen those.
Ever see The Toxic Avenger? That’s my favorite movie of all time.

i remember the cartoon… i remember the advertisement for the movie… i remember the Troma Studio logo in the advertisement… i remember hiding under my blankets for the next 8 months.

i wonder if you are joking? though i have not seen the movie so i don’t know; maybe it is really good :confused:

and solo wing, kill bill volume 2 is MUCH more storyline oriented. in the first one she killed like 100 people, in this one she killed less than 5.

I was going to go see the second volume, but I went and seen Hellboy instead. shrugs I didn’t like the first one very well, so I figured why watch the second?

That’s good. I might look into seeing it then. If not at the movies then I’ll wait for it to come out on DVD…

[quote=“Megatherium”]

i remember the cartoon… i remember the advertisement for the movie… i remember the Troma Studio logo in the advertisement… i remember hiding under my blankets for the next 8 months.

i wonder if you are joking? though i have not seen the movie so i don’t know; maybe it is really good :/[/quote]

It’s an awesome movie if you like gory horror-comedies.