An inescapeable fate: The rider's journey

I’ve been considering the visions that the riders receive.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei:

Lundi, at the end of the game, is shown events pertaining to Ein and Saga. Namely a future iteration of the dragon, and Azel (an edit in the Orta video).

Panzer Dragoon: The sky rider, or the dragon, shows Kyle the Type_2 dragon approaching the activated tower.

Panzer Dragoon Saga: At the beginning, Edge is shown a synopsis of his journey, namely his persuit of Azel and Craymen. In Sestren, he sees the past dragon rider’s actions leading to his own struggle against the ancient age even if it was unwittingly.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: There are no time sensitive visions. What she sees in Sestren is just the Cradle, but nothing of it’s dissolution or Abadd. Interesting, don’t you think?

Which leads me to this question, or series thereof: Does the Dragon, or Sestren have foreknowledge of the future? Or is it more plausible to believe that the Dragon knew of the world’s situation, and using Sestrens data banks, created a scenario in which to fufill it’s purpose? Did the previous riders simply have to eliminate the towers? Or was there a grander scheme already in play at the origins in Zwei?

But generally, why are the visions there? Can Orta’s journey shed light onto this?

I just wanted to set up a broadstroke discussion which I’ll go into more tomorrow.

Looking forward to it!

This is just one of the things I know won’t be explained in a new game… sigh

Well for me I always saw it as dragon “predicting” powers until I learned dragons too were creations of the Ancients.

I honestly don’t know what I think now but just like you I’m sure Sestren is part of the explanation.

How many times do I have to tell you guys?

One doesn’t mean “Ein” in German!

And the first Panzer Dragoon is referred to as PD, NOT as Ein, Eine or whatever you take from babelfish.

Okay, fine. I learned my lesson, but does anyone want to discuss the topic at hand?

[quote=“lordcraymen”]How many times do I have to tell you guys?

One doesn’t mean “Ein” in German!

And the first Panzer Dragoon is referred to as PD, NOT as Ein, Eine or whatever you take from babelfish.[/quote]

Chill out will ya?What do you care if they use Ein or Hollywood?

Lagi communicates through imagery, so I’m inclined to believe that he simply gave his future plans visual form. He clearly visualised his plans for Edge when their minds became one by depicting Azel with the Sky Rider in the background, and a dragon reaching the Tower of Uru.

The PD Zwei endings are a different story: these endings were for the player’s benefit as much as they were for the benefit of Lundi. On one hand, we the players see what happens next and are given clues as to what the hell is going on, and on the other, Lagi visualises his intentions by showing the Tower of Uru and conveying a relationship between Shelcoof and the Tower outside of the Imperial capital (not to mention a dragon reaching it like in Edge’s vision).

I don’t believe the Heresy dragon could see into the future (I did at one point in time though); by all accounts, it simply planned ahead.

I think that maybe it’s not the dragon who is responsible for this.But the Divine Visitor…

Thats not in Zwei the orginal? I can’t go back and check cause my friend’s copy is broken.

Azel isn’t but the image of the Tower of Uru is.

Altho in the original Zwei version it’s kindda…different (the Tower).