Aftermath of 9/11

some things really frustrated me, and were takes wayyyy out of proportion imo.
Heres some examples:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 cover had to be changed because it showed two huge buildings burning

Pokemon episode canceled because a tentacruel destroyed a big building. (also one other episode had its name changed from “scare in the air”)

Online game dreamcast game Propeller Arena was canceled.

I also heard a World War game was canceled, and also delays of Duke Nukem and a possibility of Project Gotham racing.

Ok, sure I can understand things like the RA2 cover, but for games like propeller arena to be canceled? Duke Nukem?? And even the pokemon thing, I think it was just way ott. Even now the things havn’t been changed back.

I would like to know other peoples opinions on this matter.

Some people even demanded that the film makers of LOTR should tip-toe around people’s sensibilities by removing “The Two Towers” from the title of the second LOTR movie.

That was taking things a little too far in my opinion.

Also, it’s 11/9, not 9/11! American dates always confuse me, because you know, I’m sure I have to be somewhere on the 10th day of the 31st month of this year. :slight_smile:

I didn’t particularly like Red Alert 2 btw, even if it was Brett Sperry’s and Joe Kucan’s last C&C game. I’m positve that they wanted to develop C&C: Tiberium Twilight, but EA saw that the original Red Alert had been Westwood’s most successful C&C game to date, so naturally demanded a sequel when there was never meant to be one.

But I digress.

[quote=“Scott”]
Pokemon episode canceled because a tentacruel destroyed a big building. (also one other episode had its name changed from “scare in the air”)[/quote]

Oh my God, the giant tentacruel looks like a plane and is screaming Aluh Akbar!!! Actually, I’ve seen that episode. Hell, that exact shot is ON THE POKEMON INTRO! -_-

I think it’s about time the world moved on from 9/11. To be cruelly frank, the UK lost around 3,000 lives to the IRA bombings a good while before the Twin Towers. We didn’t occupy Ireland as a result, either. This is not a bash on America, but rather on America’s president, who seems to have taken the Twin Towers as being some sort of Templar-like holy crusade summons. And now he’s going on about Iran, who have done NOTHING to provoke him. What about Burma, where the government have oppressed the people to the extent they are unaware of the Tsunami in Idonesia?

sighs I’ll stop now. Ranting about Bush can do nothing for the next 4 years anyway.

I don’t think the fact that they edited an episode of Pokemon or anything like that is need for convern. The biggest effect was the hardcore polarization of the nation.

9/11 didn’t delay Duke Nukem Forever. I’ve been posting at 3D Realms’ forums for four years, and DNF has never been announced as delayed. The game will come out “when it’s done”, which hasn’t changed since it was announced 7 years ago.

coughpatriotactcough

well to be honest, i always call it 11/9 (much to the annoyance of people around me) but i thought i might as well put it as “9/11” or we may go off topic nearly straight away :anjou_sigh: (plus, i agree the way RA2 was no where near as good (or as alike) as the other C&C games, but i still played it nevertheless (i belived we discussed this before >_>)

[quote=“Dopefish”]

9/11 didn’t delay Duke Nukem Forever. I’ve been posting at 3D Realms’ forums for four years, and DNF has never been announced as delayed. The game will come out “when it’s done”, which hasn’t changed since it was announced 7 years ago.[/quote]

don’t blame me, blame the source I got it from =P

The pokemon stuff, and propeller arena really got to me most. I was looking forward to a good online game for the DC :anjou_sad:

Ah well, that’s what you get with the purist conversative government. >.>;; Offended by EVERYTHING they are.

Hardly. I think you’ll find in life that it’s conservatives who are the only people who can take a joke - blame politically correct morons who fly off the handle every time somone looks at a homosexual “a bit funny” and who have been the ones that have spread this paralysing terror of doing anything to anyone.

Whilst I’m here - WHAT IDIOT DEMANDED THE CANCELLATION OF PROPELLOR ARENA? What was the point? No-one (except one crank at the BBC, but that’s par for the course) was howling for the heads of the designers of the Microsoft Flight Simulator, and in that you could actually fly into the World Trade Centre! :anjou_angry:

Just as long as you’re not joking about them. Or their religion. (you can joke about other peoples’ religions though)

You’ve obviously never been to the U.K., then, where, thanks to the concentrated bunkum sprouted by liberal berks about ‘inclusion’, Christianity is the only religion people are allowed (and, indeed, positively encouraged) to make fun of (When a group of Sikhs smashed up a theatre that was staging a play they took offence to, it passed with only brief comment. Yet the BBC still broadcast Jerry Springer: The Opera despite receiving a record number of complaints about it - just one recent example.) :anjou_angry:

You’ve got me there. I was mainly referring to our American conservatives. They’re a scary bunch, believe you me.

[quote=“Robert Frazer”]

Whilst I’m here - WHAT IDIOT DEMANDED THE CANCELLATION OF PROPELLOR ARENA? What was the point? No-one (except one crank at the BBC, but that’s par for the course) was howling for the heads of the designers of the Microsoft Flight Simulator, and in that you could actually fly into the World Trade Centre! :anjou_angry:[/quote]

Hehe, I found that amusing too. XD Did they expect the programmers to put in a device that would cause planes to magically steer away from any landmarks even if by all laws of physics collision has become unavoidable? >.>;;

i was so frustrated when I read the cancelation in ODM…
its not like someone is going to look at the game and think “nooo planes! WTC! ahhhhhh”