Advice in making a good video game movie

Actually, the “innocence” of the Harry Potter books starts to leave in the third book, anyway. I thought that shift was very well done by Cuaron. And they’re 13 in the third movie… boys start to become more boyish, and girls start to become more girlish. Even in the book, the tension between Ron and Hermione hints at that.

As for the difference in Dumbledores, I admire that he tried something new, rather than just try to emulate another actor. I thought Richard Harris was great as Dumbledore for the first two movies, but after having read the 4th and 5th books, I don’t know if he could have pulled off the kind of energy and power that would have been needed…

Anyway, my personal favorite of the three was definitely Prisoner of Azkaban. The first two were interesting romps through the world of Harry Potter, but everything felt too literal. Sure, they took a few liberties by leaving certain details out from the book, but it felt too much of a word-to-visuals translation. Alfonso Cuaron tried to expand on the world, at least, and give the audience something new to look at. That, and the kids are finally starting to get used to their roles, even though I think Draco talks a little too fast…

I still don’t like some of the acting.Specially Hermione’s.She’s pretty but she forces too much…

[quote=“Rune Lai”]Wait… Ra’s Al Ghul is in the next Batman movie? O_o That should be cool. I loved the animated series. :slight_smile:

Favorite Harry Potter movie? I guess the third one, but I’m biased because that was my favorite of the books too. :anjou_love:[/quote]

Yeah and the Scarecrow too. This new BAT MAN movie delves into the universe of Batman and not the oddball villian of the month style of the old movies. So if you’ve read any Batman comic in the last ten years you will recognize several characters from the comic in the movie.

The only Batman comics I’ve read are Batman: Year One and another one whose name eludes me right now but it involves everybody being killed on a holiday and the origin of Two-Face. I’m not a very big comic person so most of my Batman knowledge comes from the animated series. That said, I think Ra’s was one of the more intriguing villains.

the scarecrow and ra were some of my favorite batman villains. i also think it’s neato that christian bale is playing batman since i just saw him in a movie called equilibrium and i think he’s perfect for the role. he was also in american psycho wasn’t he? maybe i should see that…