A new RPG and a surprise title from Sega in development

Actally AV have added quite alot to the game.
Each of the 3 new characters have there own side quest,
Where it tells how they got to join the shining force.
They have also made 1 new charictor who can use card’s
to do all sorts of cool things like make a copy of an other
character, cast some crazy spells, use them to attack enemys
ect every charatcer that joins has a card and some enemys drop cards
probably so you can summon them in battle.Every ones card does something different.
There are also battle challanges …I.E kill all enemys on screen in 8
moves and win a new wepon.
Piles of new wepons and 30 magic spells.
as well as the new graphics sprites and portrates there is also more
frames in places needed.

Come on… they could have just ported it… now that would have been no credit to SEGA. but i think they HAVE actally done a good job of
Shining Force RDD

Agreed they souldnt get ALL the credit for the remakes,but I think your being a little harsh on SEGA seeing as they HAVE actally done a good job of the remake.
I only hope that they revive the hole series… Expically SF3 all seniros
(well actally I was never to keen on Shining in the Darkness)
and when SEGA do finaly get around to makeing a NEW 3D Shining
game I can not wait to see how cool it will be.

Well I dont really follow Camelots games … I cant think of any thing other then Golden Sun actally… and i didnt really injoy that as much as some.
(attacks are pritty though @_@)
All though Camelot dont make the SF games any more,
Im almost possitive SEGA will some time make a new SF game on a console
so as for
"Imagine what shape they would take now when you consider how beautiful 3D games have become"
All is not lost ;p
SEGA have no problem making AMAZING RPG’s probably the best and most indepth I have ever played. IF they put there minds to it.
LETS HOPE THEY PUT THERE MINDS TO IT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just searched to find a thread with the shining games mentioned to reply with this:
I finally got to play Shining Soul II and I must say I’m VERY impressed with how much fun this game turned out to be. Sure it’s just an action RPG but it’s deffinitelly one of the best GBA titles and propably one of the best looking as well with nice big and well drawn characters that animate quite smoothly and good detailed backgrounds. Sure it doesn’t hold a candle to the Shining Force games since it’s not a real RPG but I don’t think it was just a cash in on the name (It doesn’t use the Shining Force name anyway really) like some ppl said before since it shows great effort in it’s development and is a VERY fun title (unlike Shining Soul I imo)
The coop mode is propably the icing on the cake, it’s just as fun as the Four Swords mini game of Zelda on GBA a while back was for sure. I’d say this is one of the best hack and slash games I’ve played, I love the purposeful cheesyness and the funny replies from NPCs as well, it’s propably as good as a game of this kind can be on the GBA. Deffinitelly a worthy game and NOT just a cash in. If you can enjoy that kind of game ofcourse :slight_smile: I know I can now :slight_smile:

I’m sure the Shining Force remake will be VERY worthy too even for ppl that have played the original if it’s of this kind of quality and with the additions someone mentioned here in an earlier reply.

On another note what’s with Sega and Greek lately? First I see Greek words used as panzerish, now I see English words written in Greek characters in this game… I guess they wanted it to look like a mystical kinda font to ppl but it does look a bit strange for me since I’m Greek, heh…though at the same time kinda cool :slight_smile:

Shining Soul 2 actually failed to generate decent sales figures in Japan where Shining Soul succeeded. The story in both games is supposed to draw upon non-existent ties to the older games (how Bulzome can be one of Darksol’s minions is someone’s idea of a joke). Japanese fans of the series want a true Shining game, and so do I.

Game Boy Advance Shining games really don’t do the series justice. The jury is still out on whether Sega can develop a good Shining console RPG or not.

So the surprise game may have well have been the new PS2 game, although I fear that this game will be “dumbed down” to appeal to mainstream gamers (aka idiots).

Its also a shame I doubt the SF3 storyline will be advance (like what Galm and Elize do next after they have dispossed of the pesky Gracia and Bulzome in one neat trick as exlained in the Shining Force 3 plot).

I don’t really care about a new RPG series; I want my Skies of Arcadia 2 :(.

everyone be nice to arcie for the next 4 days, he’s going through a lot.

[quote=“i forgot the source, but it was said somewhere”] Climax joins the ranks with Microsoft as the game developer stops development on its Warhammer Online MMORPG project. The game had been in development for quite some time and already had Sega backing in the European market-space.

Warhammer Online, if completed, would have faced a daunting array of established and upcoming MMORPG’s. With buzz being generated by the next crop of online games, such as Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft, Climax and Games Workshop judged the viability of their entry in this already crowded market-space and decided to cut their losses. Warhammer Online had also failed to generate a significant amount of buzz during the past E3, due to the game looking dated compared to the competition.

“This has been a difficult and painful decision but it was taken following a full review of the progress of the game, costs to date and future costs of the project,” said Games Workshop’s Robin Dews in the official statement. “As a result both Games Workshop and Climax Development Limited, the computer games developer, have agreed to terminate the development project.”[/quote]

but at least we know what it won’t be…

Ouch.

Arcie, please accept my condolences in this time of loss.

Ah, what do I care? It didn’t give you the option to play as a Chaos Warrior anyhow.

Damn…
Just damn…
I’m going to go into mourning for a few hours.