Xbox One launch pushed to 2014 in some countries

arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/x … ntil-2014/

[quote]Xbox One will now launch in just 13 markets. Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, and New Zealand will all receive the console in November.

Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland, originally also due to be part of this first wave, have now been pushed back to 2014. Microsoft cites extra work localizing the software, partnering with local companies to create apps, and supporting additional voices and languages as the reasons for the delay.[/quote]

And consequentially Crimson Dragon, unless the 360 version is still coming out and arrives in 2013.

I guess that means I won’t be playing Crimson Dragon in 2013… :anjou_sigh:

To me, this stinks of ‘we weren’t ready, we’re launching the console earlier than we should’ve to get the edge on Sony’.

That, coupled with having to rethink things because of the backlash with the always online, etc.

There’s probably some factors like that Terramax, it’s a fantastically complex operation and not everything can go perfectly to plan for anyone. But I think making sure the actual voice recognition systems are ready for the different languages, has been represented as the main factor. Which seems credible enough to me, MS are staking a lot on that as a selling point this time, if it’s anything less than reliable it could really harm the reception.

It’s funny how Microsoft decided not to release the Xbox One in my country, and now I’m seeing people post pictures of entire stacks of unsold stocks from stores in neighboring countries. I’d still consider importing one, but from what I’m reading I’d have to get prepaid cards to buy content from Xbox Live. Not sure if I want to bother with that.