Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu and Anu Orta Veniya lyrical interpretations

I love these songs but the lyrics are rather cryptic to me and I was wondering what other people interpret from it.

I always thought of them as folk songs from their world.

Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu is about the Dragons, and it seems to be from the three different perspectives on them. Going off of http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/encyclopaedia/the-dragon, the lyrics refer to the Dragon as the bringer of Truth (people of Zoah seeing them as messengers of the gods), it asks if it’s the bringer of ruin (Empire seeing it as a demon), or if it’s a holy being (Seekers seeing them as the Divine Visitor).

Anu Orta Veniya doesn’t deal with such grand matters and is more down to earth. It’s more about the state of living in their world. Life continues, and despite the harshness of the land and environment, people survive and sustain themselves with an agricultural lifestyle.

Well this is what I got out of it at least. They seem to be fairly straightforward songs, I don’t think they seem too cryptic at all.

1 Like

You are no longer here with me
But I sing our song and continue on

These lines make wonder if Anu Orta Veniya is sung from Orta’s perspective. The song plays straight after the dragon dies. Perhaps the lyrics describe her life, post-Panzer Dragoon Orta.

The way I view the songs is basically the same as Shakespeare, they’re part of the Panzer Dragoon world’s folklore. Especially the way that Anu Orta Veniya starts in the ending credits seems to reflect how people in the Panzer Dragoon world would sing it, with the instruments that they have at their disposal.

2 Likes