Prototype versions of Panzer Dragoon episodes

I’ve been looking into Saturn demo discs recently, and found that Panzer Dragoon Demo-you Hibaihin and Panzer Dragoon Taikenban Hibaihin had some hidden secrets.

Normally both discs let you play through Episode 2 of the original Panzer Dragoon. But the first disc also has data for Episode 1 on it, and the second has data for both Episodes 1 and 3. After some analysis, I figured out how to make the extra episodes playable.

The details are on my website, which has patches or Action Replay codes that allow you to play along. There are also side-by-side comparison videos.

The coolest differences between these prerelease versions of the game and the final version are with the bosses: the earlier demo’s Episode 1 boss has a second phase! The later demo’s Episode 3 boss is visibly unfinished.

I’d love it if people could see how this game evolved, and am happy to contribute the screenshots, Action Replay codes, patches, and videos for use on this site. Cheers!

1 Like

Your post has been shared on the website, and we’ll look at sharing the screenshots and other bits and pieces on the website and/or wiki in future updates. Much appreciated.

I see that you posted some screenshots of a Zwei prototype on X, are you planning to write an article on that?

Here’s a video breakdown of the new Panzer Dragoon prototypes that @memory_fallen discovered:

I see that you posted some screenshots of a Zwei prototype on X, are you planning to write an article on that?

Alas, there aren’t any extra episode files on the Zwei demos. I checked out the dragons and posted those, though.

The Zwei demos do show some cool differences, though! You can check them out without hacking. I may do a side-by-side video eventually.

1 Like