New Sonic game: Sonic Generations

That made me laugh actually. Whilst I even agree with you Parn, and I sure as hell don’t think I need to play three hours of every game in existence to know whether it’s for me or not… I don’t think you could defeat the ultimate logic there either.

It’s just that, most people are perfectly content to not - ever - know the difference between good dog shit and bad dog shit.

Or in the case of many old-school Sonic fans, content to let their noses warn them of a familiar scent of disappointment?

I get the impression TA plays more console releases than anyone else here, he has a right to be hard-core in his own way, as does everyone else. :anjou_happy:

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]Next you’ll be saying no need to watch films, the trailer is all it takes to know a good film , from a bad film.

Great logic that[/quote]

Well, one would hope that, in a rational world, any preview would be sufficiently representative of its whole as to indeed be an adequate basis for whether or not one would want to experience the latter. But we don?t live in such a world! How many films put all their best bits in the trailers, with the remainder being a disappointment? And, I suppose, there are (less commonly) other films with facets that would appeal to a particular viewer but that are not indicated in the trailer. Either way, if the preview is complete nonsense, it?s almost certain that the full product is too.

Applying this back to games, I can agree with Parn. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 has considerable flaws that are plainly evident to an outsider from gameplay videos, others? reviews, etc. I highly doubt that experiencing these first-hand would make any difference to said outsider?s opinion, at least not in the positive direction.

I made this tribute to Sonic last year after Sonic 4’s announcement, in preparation for his “return”. I consider it one of my greatest achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4b_U9uviLQ)

Can we stop this hard core nonsense, because I’m not even sure what it means to be a hardcore gamer (maybe playing games naked with an erect penis? lol :stuck_out_tongue: ).

All I’m saying is the real Sonic cycle is people bitching about Sonic yet never even owning or playing the game in question . What next all game reviews just done on youtube video’s, no need for the review code at all, just watch Youtube; It don’t work like that, you need to play a game in order to really know if it’s any good or not. We’re all on the Pazner Dragoon board, no-one will ever know how good (or bad for some) Panzer Dragoon series is by some video’s , you have to play the games their self’s.

I would put to you if anything in the Video’s of Sonic games actually look far better than they really are to play , for a bit of irony. Watching a video or Ridge racer or Daytona USA you would be hard pressed to know which one is the best, playing the game it becomes so very clear , maybe to some, the videos of FF 7 make the game to seem and be better than Saga ?

Now if you’re going to find fault with a game at least play it , otherwise your comments lose any creditability

Another one already???

I didn?t play IV, but Unleashed kind of good on the day stages and Heroes was decent at some points…

But the fact remains, they still didn?t get EVERYTHING right in a recent Sonic game, hence the hopes they?ll do it this time :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahaha. Coming from the guy defending this:

It’s pathetic when a 2D game produced in 2010 has inferior physics to the original Sonic The Hedgehog produced two decades ago. There’s a reason Youtube is flooded full of angry fans who did buy the game, ranting about this game’s terrible physics. I don’t need personal experience to know that the game’s controls would piss me off, just like I don’t need to buy a copy of Bikini Karate Babes to know that the game is crap designed to cash in on horny males.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K466MWpaZt4)

What coming from the guy that’s slags off a game, but never plays them ?
And what is this physics load of crap? seriously there is terrible jumping physics in Virtual Fighter series: I would try and make out that makes them terrible games , I’ve never played any of the SONIC games for its realistic physics, same goes for Mario (just as well really) Playing the Forza series it’s impossible for a car to roll backwards down a hill, and that’s in a game praised for it’s physics (yet it was possible in Sega Rally)

Now just play the Sonic games and experience for your self ,Then you’re really know they’re any good , otherwise you’re no better than the likes of Joe Lieberman and Co, remember them ?; Calling Night Trap ‘sick’ and ‘filth’ despite never once ever playing the game in question

Do you read books ?, or just look at the cover and say what a load of ‘Dog shit’ No need to read the book it’s self

Yeah obviously he’s talking about how** realistic** the Sonic physics are there, not how broken and buggy they are, but hey, keep reaching, it’s all you can do. If he actually buys the game now, and keeps the same opinion (trust me, he will, yes, I’ve played it), what would that mean then? That he’s got a special sixth sense you and other mortals lack, or that he simply can use the information available to him (which is PLENTY, much more than a cover or whatever other misguided and completely irrelevant metaphors and comparisons that have the sole goal of putting down one’s sense of logic you make) thanks to the wonders of the internet wisely and come to reasonable, logical conclusions that reflect (his) reality?

And yes, I can decide if I want to buy a book before reading it whole either, by knowing the author’s past works, reading key excerpts (not key plot spoilers obviously, just to see the writing quality, delivery and such things) and generally seeing what it’s all about and what people I trust or otherwise tend to agree with have to say about it. Obviously that is not enough for me to review the book in detail but we’re talking about what we want to buy and what we personally like here, not what we’re paid to write about and the requirements that responsibility holds. Still, if you can’t make such decisions and instead blindly buy or rent just about anything, at random, with no thought process whatsoever behind it (outside don’t knock it until you complete it), then I’m sorry but I have to question your ability to acquire and logically process relevant information, rather than question Parn’s logic which appears to be perfectly sound and as if he actually values his money and his precious free time.

Is this guy for real.

Can both of you shut up and stop acting like two kids trying to see who has the biggest d*ck?

You will never reach an agreement so stop spamming this board.

Like we say in my country, one gets the weels the other gets the bike frame and everyones happy.

On a side note, i do agree with TA, i know a bunch of games with bad reputation that i actually enjoyed once i played them, but Parn will probably disagree just for the sake of disagrreing, i don?t know and i don?t care, this is my opinion, and i?m not going to change it just like Parn won?t change his.

So, can we stop this foolish non-sense and get back on topic?

I like how you want everyone else to get back on topic but can’t be assed to post anything relevant to the topic yourself.

By the way, opinions can be wrong. For example, yours.

When did anyone here claim that every game with a bad reputation is bad and that they’ve never liked such a game? Since when does acquiring relevant information to reach logical conclusions mean just “so wuts da metaritic score olol less than 75 so it sux” or whatever a “reputation” is? Not all information you can get without purchasing is random hearsay. Something drew you to that game that made you try it despite that reputation. What was it? A gameplay video that seemed interesting? A feature that sounded cool? A friend’s recommendation? The history of the developer and that you enjoyed previous titles from them? Surely it was something beyond blind luck and just saying “I want to give a random game with a bad reputation a chance” or something, and it just so happened to be good.

I just find it amusing that I’m being told the equivalent of having to physically put my hand into a clearly boiling liquid in order to truly know for certain that it’s hot, because my own judgment isn’t good enough. Been playing games since I was six years old, and I think I have a good grasp on what is and isn’t a good, quality experience. I don’t like FPS games, but I recognize the care put into titles from studios like Valve. I don’t have to play Big Rigs or Crazy Bus to know that they’re crap not worth my time.

The funny thing is that Team Andromeda is guilty of prejudging Sonic Generations himself, just in the opposite direction. Just like he did with Sonic 2006.

Grow up guys, grow up…

Calling you out for both misrepresenting one’s arguments and also contributing to being off topic at the same time you condemn it (in a provocative manner that was obviously more about humiliating individuals rather than a genuine attempt to discuss the topic at hand) is being immature now? Well, I guess all that needed to be said has been said, lol.

Relax relax.

IMO, the tragedy of Sonic is, if Sega do actually make a masterpiece finally, it may be too late anyway. The damage to the brand may have been done to the point where it cannot be undone.

There is nothing really stopping Sega from making a quality game in every conceivably objective way. Unless it cannot be done.

If you want quality, then support quality with your money. If you want to keep trash alive, keep buying it. That’s the only language business understands.

Let me know how this turns out. There’s another Shining Force coming out too but it doesn’t look oldschool. Hopefully it will still be a strategy game still, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]Relax relax.

IMO, the tragedy of Sonic is, if Sega do actually make a masterpiece finally, it may be too late anyway. The damage to the brand may have been done to the point where it cannot be undone.

There is nothing really stopping Sega from making a quality game in every conceivably objective way. Unless it cannot be done.

If you want quality, then support quality with your money. If you want to keep trash alive, keep buying it.

Let me know how this turns out. There’s another Shining Force coming out too but it doesn’t look oldschool. Hopefully it will still be a strategy game still, but I’m not getting my hopes up.[/quote]

I agree with you, if we think about it it shouldn?t be all that hard to bring Sonic back, take a look at Unleashed for exemple, day stages were pretty good, it was the night stages that actually sucked.

By the way, i heard Sega is going to remake Streets of Rage?

I have no idea what they are doing these days other than what I hear from here and Shining Force Central.

I think Sega died a long time ago and isn’t coming back. They should have focused on their niche more IMO like Nintendo did, and build on their strengths instead of trying to emulate giants and fail in the process.

Let me know if this new Sonic turns out to be genuinely good anyway.

A new Shining Force?

eurogamer.net/articles/2011- … ning-force

[quote]SEGA is working on a new title in its long-running Shining RPG series, creator Tsuyoshi Sawada has revealed.

According to 1Up, Sawada told Famitsu that an announcement was imminent, though didn’t provide specific details.

“It’s been ten years since the Shining series was re-invented,” he commented, referring to 2002 GBA effort Shining Soul, developed by Grasshopper Manufacture.

“Currently, we’re preparing a title that sums up the whole series and should provide an answer to users’ curiosity. I can’t give details yet, but I’d like to reveal it before we go too far into the future.”

First popularised on the Mega Drive back in 1992 with Shining Force, the last game in the 28 title-strong franchise to see an English language release was Shining Force EXA on the PlayStation 2 back in 2007.

“Shining is a long-running series, but development work largely stopped on it for a period of time,” Sawada explained.

“We redeveloped and resurrected the name as SEGA shifted from hardware to software, and the goal for the games I’ve worked on is to target a large swathe of the userbase and do something that hasn’t been done before with the series. That’s still the direction I take today.”[/quote]

I won’t be crossing my fingers, but who knows? Far be it for Sega to finally do something right for once.