Bad feeling about the story and game world

Does anyone get the feeling the game’s world and story won’t be as deep and or as interesting as the Panzer Dragoon world? I mean the game looks interesting graphically and all. But, from watching all of the videos I don’t get a sense of mystery or intrigue I had when I was exposed to Panzer’s world.

I get the fact that it can’t be exactly like Panzer Dragoon and am open to something new. So, from observing the gameplay vids, all I see is more of an organic world and nothing so far that makes me wonder: just what is the purpose of this world and the environment surrounding it.

I haven’t seen much of the characters so I can’t comment on that. So, what are other peoples thoughts and concerns?

I never really expected something as interesting as the Panzer Dragoon storyline from Crimson Dragon. If it does end up having a good story, then all the better, if not then we’ll probably still get a solid rail shooter. I’m more worried about how well the game plays and how well it will sell.

Hmm…

I’ve indicated before that I feel any attempt to recapture the PD mystique wholesale would be a likely disaster. But then again, Yukio Futatsugi also delivered another of the greatest game stories I’ve ever experienced - virtually like a Stanislaw Lem classic - in an otherwise unassuming little card battle inspired real-time arena game. So I’m really just reserving all expectations about that.

So is the game still delayed or is it coming out on the 27th?

Still delayed, the release date is unknown.

Have you read the story info on the Japanese Xbox page, legaiaflame?

If it’s as interesting as the original Panzer Dragoon I will be happy. I’m not expecting anything too in depth. The feel of the game is hard to tell at the point.

[quote=“Solo Wing”]Have you read the story info on the Japanese Xbox page, legaiaflame?

If it’s as interesting as the original Panzer Dragoon I will be happy. I’m not expecting anything too in depth. The feel of the game is hard to tell at the point.[/quote]

Yeah I read the story info. I just can’t tell if the story will be interesting enough or not. Some of the dialogue between two characters I saw already sounded kind of corny.

I was able to hear/make out some of the music in those gameplay demonstrations and it sounds really good! Definitely panzer-like sound of course coming from the composer of the Panzer series! I just hope the game is fun that’s all! :anjou_happy:

Well, in an interview it was mentioned that, if it goes ahead, an RPG sequel will be much more story focused. So my guess is, whilst Crimson Dragon will not have that much of a story to speak of, the game will be used as setting up for a much more elaborate plot in a future game.