Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG Complete Album Scans

I have some scans of the Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG Complete Album to contribute. Below are previews of them. It’s hard not to smile at the bright blue leopard print discs, and it’s for that reason this soundtrack is my most cherished Panzer item. :anjou_love:

smallbookletfrontcomplete smallbookletbackcomplete

smallobicomplete smalltracklistfrontcomplete

smalltracklistbackcomplete

smalldisc1complete smalldisc2complete

I’ve also scanned the Panzer Dragoon Orta Original Soundtrack obi strip to round out our collection of photos.

smallobiortaoriginal

What are your favorite songs from Panzer Dragoon Saga? I have two: Pure Blood Seed and Into the Promised Land.

2 Likes

A beautiful album indeed, I didn’t know about the leopard discs… lol. Special.

I am trying to get my hands on one of these original OSTs, not easy…

And not easy to pick just two songs. I’d say Into the promised Land and Atolm Dragon or Imperial Air Force. See I could not even stick to two songs… so many epic tunes in this game.

EDIT: on the website, it is said, the arrangements on the mini soundtrack are slightly different… does anybody know a bit more about it? Can we notice the difference, is it worth getting it as well?

It’s always hard to come up with a single favourite track, since Panzer Dragoon Saga has so many great ones. Interception, Atolm Dragon, Holy Chariot, Pure Blood Seed, A Premonition of War, By the Source of the Protective Flame, and Sona would all be in my top picks.

Into the Promised Land and Imperial Air Force are also great tracks.

Thanks for contributions @Aevelia. Do you want to go ahead and add them to the site (replacing any lower quality versions) and prepare a news entry?

@Eliot-Ness, ‘special’ is a good descriptor…haha. They’re certainly reflective of that era. I don’t have the Mini Album, so unfortunately, I can’t answer your question about the alternate arrangements. Hopefully someone can fill us in.

You’re very welcome, @Solo_Wing. Yes - everything should be ready for publishing.

Imperial Air Force does a great job conveying the sense of determination Edge must’ve been feeling at that point in the story. I have mixed feelings about the area…I absolutely love the music, but many a completion percentage has been marred by me serially missing a single break target at the Imperial Air Force Base. :anjou_embarrassed:

Perhaps my favorite thing about listening to Panzer Dragoon soundtracks is the way it evokes memories of my own experiences with the games.

Published.

1 Like

I have finally ordered both the complete album & the mini album from ebay… I guess at this point I will have to get the memorial one as well to have the collection complete… how fool…

1 Like

I’ve also updated the “related pictures” of the various soundtrack encyclopaedia entries, e.g. the complete album entry now has clickable thumbnails at the bottom. Let me know if you think I’ve missed any.

Very helpful to have everything accessible from the encyclopaedia. :slight_smile: Looks like the only one still awaiting publishing is the Orta obi.

I just ordered from ebay:
the original OST album
the memorial album
the mini album

Why…

Thanks, I’ve just published the Orta obi strip too.