Would you like to see a Saga remaster from Nightdive Studios?

Why not both a remaster and a remake? If we look at something like Final Fantasy VII, both the original and the remake can live side by side on the same store.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake is the template for a quality high budget remake IMO, but it is probably outside of the budget that a Saga remake would ever get. Saga has the benefit of being a shorter story at least, so it would be less likely to be stretched into multiple instalments.

A remaster has the benefit of preserving what is there and allowing a new audience to experience the game without forking out thousands for a used copy. The artists who created Panzer Dragoon Saga deserve to have more people appreciate their masterpiece. With a remake there’s more chance that the original vision will be changed for the worse. Having something close to the original but in a higher resolution provides a nice comparison point even if the remake turns out to be respectful of the source material.

If they lost the source code would they be able to emulate it into their own format? If not, they’d have to remake or rebuild the original from the ground up.

Yeah I’ll be happy with that myself.

SEGA could just make their own Sega Saturn emu and just use ROMs to bring the 3 Saturn Panzer games to market while having the Yakuza team handle a remake of SAGA using the Dragon engine.

I don’t want a simple remaster of Saga mind, that’s cheap and not in the spirit of Panzer Dragoon or Team Andromeda/Smilebit. Who always looked to spend the cash and go all out on the Panzer series where no expense was spared on the titles and that was reflected in the quality of the games and how good they looked.

If you’re going to go back to the Panzer Dragoon IP don’t do a half-assed effort or a cheap cash-in like the GG title.