Was Kyle Fluge a young Craymen?

Possibly - I’d need to write it in a better format. It would be worth doing.

1 Like

I just had to make an account to chime in when I saw this topic. What an incredible revelation if true. Decades after Saga’s release and this pivotal plot point was (potentially) hiding in plain sight the whole time.

Here’s another loose piece of evidence for the pile: what is the very first threat that Kyle encounters in the opening FMV of the first game? And what is the final threat that finishes off Crayman in Saga? If memory serves, they are the exact same breed of pure-type monster. Of course that doesn’t prove anything in itself, but thematically and in a meta sense it seems like a very strong hint from the game’s writers.

This theory also fits in the panzer tradition of everything revealed about this world creating more questions than answers; everything being nuanced and gray. Crayman/Kyle accompanied Lagi in the destruction of the first tower, but when we meet him in Saga his life’s mission is to see the towers operate as the Ancients intended–the exact antithesis of the mission he carried out with Lagi. If all of this is true, what happened in that decades-long gap between PD and Saga to make Crayman rebel against the will of the Heresy dragon so strongly? How did he come to believe that destroying that tower had done more harm than good?

4 Likes

Amazing this is the best plot twist for craymen i hope in the future sega consider remake panzer dragoon saga.

1 Like

It be even better if SEGA make a new Panzer RPG showing and explaining Kyle becoming Craymen.

1 Like

I don’t know if this was brought up already, but his initials are K.F. Craymen. Seems a little on the nose.

1 Like