Was Kyle Fluge a young Craymen?

Here’s a partial scan of Page 24 of the official Panzer Dragoon Guidebook, which confirms Kyle’s age as 16 years old:

OCR app translation thanks to JC Wesker#4429 on Discord:

Edit: Better translation thanks to Wildman:

So, Kyle is 16, Craymen is 47. PDS takes place 30 years after PD. It is definitely conceivable that they are the same person based on age.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for that

1 Like

Also, you’ll see that the text more or less confirms that the Sky Rider was a drone - a “person of the old century” - another big theory. Of course, Team Andromeda may not have finalised the concept of drones at that point, but it fits with why Kyle Craymen would be researching drones - after meeting two of them in his adventure with the armoured Blue Dragon.

4 Likes

Amazing intro and it all means sense. I’m going to play the Original Saturn game right now LOL

2 Likes

2 Likes

It all starts to add up when you look at it

2 Likes

Is it just me, or does the music from Panzer Dragoon’s Intro when we see the “hero shot” of Kyle riding his coolia remind you of “Noble Rebel Army” from Saga’s OST?

2 Likes

I found some more information about Kyle Fluge, on one of the Panzer Dragoon Saga pages from Team Andromeda’s old website.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001205115000/http://www.sega.co.jp/sega/saturn/andro_hp/yougo/yougo_k.htm#攻性生物

DeepL translation:

It’s interesting that Team Andromeda would deliberately mention that there have been no sightings of Kyle since the war on a Panzer Dragoon Saga page. Kyle isn’t actually mentioned in the game (at least, not in the English translation), but here he’s mentioned together with other topics, all prominent in Saga.

3 Likes

You’re on to something there.

To go off on one. It’s just me here, but I’m sure the Sega GT 2002 team used the dragon cry sample when the dragon rider is shot dead, for the break screeching in Sega GT 2002 LOL

1 Like

It now seems pretty obvious the team already had the storyline laid out very early in. I’m going to go back and play the Saturn games now LOL

2 Likes

Very interesting. Is this the report on the dragon Craymen wrote, I wonder?

2 Likes

I believe so - it’s consistent other mentions of the Sky Rider, for example in the PD guidebook and Orta’s encyclopaedia.

Edit: it would be worth getting a new translation of this book; the translation of the Old Diary took some liberties. Retranslation.

2 Likes

Paet describing Craymen. It fits in well with the theory.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Differences between the Japanese and English versions of Panzer Dragoon Saga

Wow. Thanks for this. I never saw this one coming. Will this theory be added to the website? I find it fascinating and I believe it to be true.

2 Likes

Possibly - I’d need to write it in a better format. It would be worth doing.

1 Like

I just had to make an account to chime in when I saw this topic. What an incredible revelation if true. Decades after Saga’s release and this pivotal plot point was (potentially) hiding in plain sight the whole time.

Here’s another loose piece of evidence for the pile: what is the very first threat that Kyle encounters in the opening FMV of the first game? And what is the final threat that finishes off Crayman in Saga? If memory serves, they are the exact same breed of pure-type monster. Of course that doesn’t prove anything in itself, but thematically and in a meta sense it seems like a very strong hint from the game’s writers.

This theory also fits in the panzer tradition of everything revealed about this world creating more questions than answers; everything being nuanced and gray. Crayman/Kyle accompanied Lagi in the destruction of the first tower, but when we meet him in Saga his life’s mission is to see the towers operate as the Ancients intended–the exact antithesis of the mission he carried out with Lagi. If all of this is true, what happened in that decades-long gap between PD and Saga to make Crayman rebel against the will of the Heresy dragon so strongly? How did he come to believe that destroying that tower had done more harm than good?

4 Likes

Amazing this is the best plot twist for craymen i hope in the future sega consider remake panzer dragoon saga.

1 Like

It be even better if SEGA make a new Panzer RPG showing and explaining Kyle becoming Craymen.

1 Like

I don’t know if this was brought up already, but his initials are K.F. Craymen. Seems a little on the nose.

1 Like