The Shenmue Campaign

[quote=“Chizzles”]I don’t believe I ever said a PSP version wouldn’t fall flat on it’s ass - I was just saying that low-power platforms might me the only financially viable option for the game should it ever happen. Which SEGA have implied will happen eventually… just not yet.

[/quote]

You never did , I just saying that even though I’m a fan of the system , making a PSP just wouldn’t work . Playing a RPG for a long length of time just isn’t easy on the eyes with on a HH, the streaming would be insane and would mean serious drains on the battery , so one would have to play it with the power pack close at hand , which kind of makes a PSP version pointless and SEGA may as use a console

Maybe SEGA should look at using PSN, VC, XBLA and have downloads every 3 to 4 months for the next new chapter . At least that way SEGA knows if there any interest in future chapters if people paid to play a previous chapter . At least there would be some market proof to tell the team if its worth continuing

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]
Maybe SEGA should look at using PSN, VC, XBLA and have downloads every 3 to 4 months for the next new chapter . At least that way SEGA knows if there any interest in future chapters if people paid to play a previous chapter . At least there would be some market proof to tell the team if its worth continuing[/quote]

I really like this idea! Sega has so many great IP’s to choose from that would work very well on such a platform. They did release Streets and Sonic last year, but with the new lift on size restrictions I think something like what you just mentioned would definitely be viable.

I of course have no idea what actually goes into getting something on one of these services but it sounds like it could work.

Sorry guys, I am re opening this but did you see the last trailer revealed at Gamescom ?
And the reactions ?

That’s why, if a new Panzer Dragoon was ever made, I think Grounding should team with another studio for the technique/engine and focus on the artistic direction & story instead.

For ShenMue it seems they are really doing all by themselves and I am not sure they are familiar with best latest practices in this industry ??

I saw the trailer this morning and can’t say I took issue with it to the degree a lot of people seemed to.

While the animations and facial expressions looked rather stiff, that’s something that can be refined as development progresses. That being said, I was never expecting Shenmue III to look like an AAA game, because it’s not. I was just pleased with the robust environments and the artistic direction’s faithfulness to the Dreamcast games.

However, if the aforementioned elements aren’t improved upon, I do wonder if they might deter newcomers to the series from picking up the game.

1 Like

I agree with you, this is not a AAA game & yes some people are really harsh right now on social networks…

Still the animation of the new vilain looked quite bad, almost worse than Fighter Megamix on Saturn but as you said this is work in progress. I think they should have highlighted the environments more on this trailer…

I never played ShenMue before and was hoping to get the 3 games should SEGA officially confirm the re release… we will see.

But back to the link I was making with Panzer Dragoon, we need the right team to work on that. It is obviously too early but a “bad” game branded “Panzer Dragoon” would kill the series forever IMO.

I’m not going to lie it looked pretty bad. As of right now the Dreamcast games look better, so they have some work to do on those character models!