The Free Digital Games Topic

Full Throttle Remastered on Gog and Lego the Hobbit on Humble are both free for the next day or so

https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

1 Like

Subnautica is currently free on the Epic Store.

SOMA is free on GOG right now.

From January 10 to 24 / 2019 you can get What Remains Of Edith Finch off of the Epic Game Store

1 Like

What Remains of Edith Finch is a good game. I’ve previously recommend it and suggest you add the game to your Epic account if you haven’t played it yet.

DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition is free on GOG at the moment. No idea if it’s any good…

https://www.gog.com/game/distraint_deluxe_edition

Looks a lot like something I would skip. Not that anyone else has to, but as I get older I have to be more picky as my time is limited, even for free games!

1 Like

You can currently get Axiom Verge for free off of the Epic game store.

I have recently finished playing the game on my PS Vita, and I thought it was a very good game that take inspiration form the 2D Metroid game.

1 Like

Epic sure are trying their best to get people hooked on their store.

For the record, the Epic launcher is basic, but it’s lightweight and far less intrusive than Steam. I forget its even there.

That’s good to hear, although at this point I don’t have any reason to use the Epic launcher besides these free games. Most of my PC games are in my Steam library, the rest on GOG. I have the occasional free game on UPlay, Battle.net, Origin, Humble Bundle, and the Microsoft Store - but to be honest, I don’t go out of my way to use those unless I can manage the games with the other apps. It gets quite messy when start to build up a large collection and have eight or more clients installed.

Microsoft could actually do something about this problem by adding a game manager to Windows 10 itself, with option to load game libraries from different sources - something like the Internet Accounts screen in macOS for setting it up. Cloud saves, achievements, etc follow a fairly standard format too, so could be synced without a client. But I’m doubtful that they’d ever do something this organised.

Another free game on the Epic Store, Thimbleweed Park, from the creators of Monkey Island.

Smile Rancher. Has anyone played it?

Oxenfree.

Morrowind is free at the moment (on Bethesda’s store). There’s a code in this article:

The Witness (from the creator of Braid) is now free on the Epic Store:

Some of the puzzles in this game are quite difficult. Unlike Braid, I haven’t finished this one as I didn’t find it as inventive, but it’s never too late to return to it.

1 Like

Given the recent disaster at Notre Dame, Ubisoft have made Assassin’s Creed Unity free on Uplay:

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US

Transistor is free on the Epic Store.

I haven’t played this one properly yet, but I enjoyed Super Giant’s previous title Bastion which featured a real time narration to match the action on screen (in my view, a great innovation in game storytelling).

1 Like

Transistor is a fun game. I honestly still enjoyed Bastion a bit more, but they are both visually beautiful games with engaging, and odd, stories. That it is free is amazing!

1 Like

World of Goo (a unique, structure building puzzle game - I recommend trying it).