PSU confirmed for 360

I don’t get what you mean if that’s a reply to me, sorry.

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]

RE4 wasn’t merely ported to the PS2; it was recreated for it.

The PC version of PSU is supposed to come with refined textures etc (Parn can fill in the blanks for us), so I see no reason to complain.

This is a great move for Sega anyway, both business-wise and for keeping everyone happy. After FFXI producer Hiromichi Tanaka claimed that FFXI would take years to be recreated for the PS3 ("…would require redeveloping the game almost from scratch…"), the 360 was the wisest choice for PSU.

In other words, the PS3’s design is the most needlessly complicated since the Saturn. It’s amazing how Sony went from giving developers what they wanted to telling them how it should be done.[/quote]

Yes in many good moves. I wonder if Sega will aggresivly push this series to get the attention from the mainstream that it deserves. I wonder however if PHANTASY STAR will appear for the PS3 and Rev although in different games.

Are Sega even capable of aggresively pushing anything?

Segata Sanshiro sure can. =D

It does, though at its core, it’s still designed with the PlayStation 2 in mind. However, the situation is kind of like how Blizzard handled World of Warcraft’s visuals, where the graphics aren’t super phenomenal, but is made up for by the game’s art direction. This also makes the game run at 60 FPS on my PC with little issue.

Two days of the network beta, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the gameplay. It’s not complex, but it is addictive and fun, and all the little quirks I had with PSO have been addressed.

I expect the Xbox 360 version of the game to look identical to what I’m playing on PC, much like Final Fantasy XI.

No Al3xander it’s purely idle (and obtuse I guess) commentary. Just read it at face value, then forget it if it’s face holds no value for you…

BTW does anyone know how many players can play online at the same time ???

Thanks

I don’t think that’s been confirmed but you can probably expect it similar to the likes of Guild Wars or Dungeons & Dragons Online where city areas allow many people but you can only form small team to go to quests with… I expect around 8 persons but I could be way off. Also before anyone bashes this post, I’m not saying the gameplay will be similar to those games… I hate them too :slight_smile:

Your assessment is fairly accurate. Town areas can have lots of people, but only six to a team for taking on missions.

synbios.net/games/PSU/screenshots/beta/

synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

Are those vid’s and pics from the PC version ?

Yes. Don’t use the videos as a good example of what the graphics are like in motion though… for some reason, FRAPS is doing nearest neighbor resizing instead of bilinear or bicubic, and it makes all my PC game video captures look jagged as heck. I’m trying to figure out what the problem is.

Hmm…my only problem with those videos is the animation.The characters’ movements don’t look very fluid.Specially when you see the guy hitting the dragon and then running around and then hitting him agehn…