Otogi and ICO sequels. Maybe it helps the PD franchise

Haha you have clearly been mislead Lagi.In fact Cyan are currently working on another project called “Something Else”.

You might be talking about the online component of Uru which was cancelled but Cyan still have a lot of room for mistakes.

Al3x: If PDO isn’t radically different I dunno what is…

PDO might seem different to the other PD shooters on the surface, but in the scheme of things I’d say the differences are fairly superficial; if you take away the new graphical style, what’s left is a game that plays very much like PD1 and PDZ, and not much like anything else. There are some added features thrown into the mix, but PDO’s gameplay is essentially an evolution of its predecessors’ gameplay. I assume the worry here is that a new PD RPG might be fundamentally different to PDS, though (in the same way that the new Shining Force game is shaping up to be pretty different to its predecessors).

Im not talking about gameplay.Art-style.

[quote=“SegaTecToy”]The (not so) funny thing is that the mainstream games Sega is making aren’t selling well either. The exception is the Sonic Adventures series but who knows for how many time more?

I don’t know what Sega will do but if they try to do the same mainstream junk that Sony, Square and others do, they will be doomed because these companies already have the full atention of all mindless Drone-Gamers out there.[/quote]

Sega needs to find some kind of middle ground between making the games it wants to make, and making games for the masses. I have a vague idea of where Sega stands at the moment. Sega can’t make money without catering for mainstream gamers, and Sega can’t afford to make great games that don’t sell.

All I know is Sega should uphold its reputation of creativity no matter the cost whilst updating its key franchises. Of course, Sega’s reputation has been dragged through the mud in recent years, meaning it now faces an uphill struggle to regain the trust of consumers.

The important question is : how come mainstream audiences don’t like games hardcore gamers find masterpiece-sih?

Because most mainstream gamers are cusual gamers who simply don’t have the patience to play games that aren’t as accessible (i.e. immediately playable) as games such as first person shooters.

note: I personally love JSRF
note2 : JSRF is by no means popular

Isn’t JSRF accesible?

Good question; I’m afraid that someone else will have to answer it for you.

It could be that JSR just deviated from the norm too much.

Some games don’t mesh with mainstream tastes (gamers would rather buy a type of game they are already familiar with instead of something new), while others fail to take off due to a lack of public awareness (Panzer Dragoon Saga would’ve sold more copies outside of Japan if it had been developed for the Playstation, for example), but generally, inaccessiblity is to blame.

What I don’t understand is how PD Saga failed in Japan. It had a TV advertisment, the Saturn was sucessful over there, and Japanese gamers generally like things that aren’t carbon-copies of other games (which isn’t to say that they don’t also like carbon-copies).

[quote=“GehnTheBerserker”]note: I personally love JSRF
note2 : JSRF is by no means popular

Isn’t JSRF accesible?[/quote]

I think the problem here is: how many casual gamers actually know JSRF?

Even in Japan the Saturn was nearing the end of its life cycle when PD Saga was released. If PD Saga had been released before FF7, the situation may have been very different.

To be brief: Most people in this planet are f$%&*#@ stupid. If they have to use their brains to something else besides watch TV and eat they will die of pain.

? isso a? meu irm?o! :smiley: