Is EA destroying the games industry?

Well, not too many words drift away from thier meaning this far. There is no word for what E.A. is doing, but the most common phrase that could be used is smart business strategy. This is, what Al3xand3r said, far from a monopoly.

Another thing, when did I pass off any ignorance as fact? All I did was use an example and what would most likely happen, unlike what you did which was using evidence that you wanted me to go find instead of providing it yourself. To reiterate, I didn’t ask specifically for an E.A. example, you could have used anything. The only thing I was trying to prove was that there aren’t many companies that get away with being a monopoly if there are any at all. Also, none of what anyone posted on this thread backed up what your statement of E.A. monopolizing the industry.

Your idea that people will keep buying the same thing over and over again is preposterous. You are underestimating average people to an extreme. Most people aren’t stupid, a lot of them will read a reiview or notice that nothing is different with the new games.

I have no opinion on E.A., I don’t hate them because there isn’t much of a reason to and I don’t like them better than anyone else. They’re just a publisher that happens to make good business choices, even if they’re not so much as good publicity choices for the gaming community.