GOG Galaxy

With The Witcher 3 there was a lot of hype built around it being an open world game, so I went into it expecting something more like Skyrim with less of a requirement to do quests and such. But since it’s quite narrative driven, if I’m going for story I feel that I might as well play the original Witcher games first before moving on to The Witcher 3 (if I decide to invest the time in that universe).

Everspace and The Long Journey Home both look like decent space games that I’d like to try at some point. Hyper Light Drifter looks interesting too; I’ve wishlisted it for now. I picked up Ori and the Blind Forest on GOG a while back and it’s been great.

I’ve just bought some of the recently released Neo Geo games which are fun; I hear that these aren’t the best versions of the games, but they’re a good example of the GOG team improving the games themselves by adding Galaxy features.

Speaking of Bethesda…

All with added cloud save support. I haven’t played the Fallout games earlier than 4, so I will likely purchase these at some point. :anjou_happy:

Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen was just released on GOG. Another quite recent big budget RPG, released as late as 2012. Along with SNK, it’s great to see more Japanese publishers joining GOG recently which has been a large hole in their lineup up until now. I would love to see Sega release some of their classics on GOG.

Bethesda just released some of their older games also. Not sure why they didn’t go ahead and release Skyrim. I can’t imagine it is still selling so many copies that they would lose out on it being DRM free.

It could be that they’re staggering the releases to give the Oblivion-era games their time in the spotlight.

Skyrim also has built in support for downloading mods, functionality which I imagine would be harder or impossible to duplicate on Galaxy at the moment.

FYI, gog.com is having there summer sale event. Lots of great games for cheap. Picked up two games on my wish list this morning! :grinning:

Nice. There’s a huge batch of new games on GOG Connect as well; I just brought across 14 games from Steam.

Here’s a free copy of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare on GOG for anyone who wants it (I already have it in my library). First in, first served. The code expires on June 27.

GOG have just added cloud saves to another batch of games. I like the way they continue to add cloud saves to older games, including those which have never had cloud saves before such as Far Cry and Jade Empire (not even on Steam). GOG really is the definitive place to pick up classic PC games.