Whats everyone's favorite movie?

Mine’s Hero… Amazing

Mine would be Seven Samurai. It might be 1954 vintage, but it still is pretty darned awesome. (And it has Toshiro Mifune in it)

There so many to name.I’ll give you five names from my all time favourite:

Memento,Batman Begins,Ed Wood,Revenge of the Sith,One Hour Photo

Memento and Batman Begins were really good. I always wanted to see Hero, but have yet to rent it.

My favorite movie would probably be Leon: The Professional, with Last Samurai as a close second.

The Land Before Time

http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime/Land%20Before%20Time%20Platvoet%20met%20moeder.JPG

Thats such a good film. Although after the original one the series got ruined with about a million sequels. Each one as crap as each other.

First one remains classic - Steven Spielberg and George Lucas :wink:

The Land Before Time was marked by me (as an infant) screaming the picture-house down when the T-Rex appeared.

It’s a toss up between the Matrix and Equalibrium for me. If I just pretend that the second two Matrix films were never filmed, then I’m more tempted to lean in its direction…

What the Matrix needed was an evil genius to delete the whole thing from the inside out. What a waste of potential.

I’m always gonna be fond of Fight Club. One of those rare movies that you can honestly argue was better than the book.

I don’t have a set favorite.

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]It’s a toss up between the Matrix and Equalibrium for me. If I just pretend that the second two Matrix films were never filmed, then I’m more tempted to lean in its direction…

What the Matrix needed was an evil genius to delete the whole thing from the inside out. What a waste of potential.[/quote]

EQUILIBRIUM!!!

My thoughts exactly regarding the second and third Matrix films. The first one was so well done that the others were just hard to watch. But Equilibrium was amazing! The more times you watch it the more you pick up that you didn’t notice before. Like how when Christian Bales character first meets the “father” near the beginning you see him feeling the desk as he walks by. Just small things like that are all over the movie. I love it.

I love Equilibrium so much. But, probably the Lord of the Rings.

Not sure of my exact favourite but it would have to be on from the Star Wars film (orginals not prequels), start trek films, the matrix and the lord of the rings.

There’s no way I can narrow it down to one. Some of my favorites:

Original Starwars trilogy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Shawshank Redemption, The Matrix (Only the first one), all three LoTR movies, Serenity, Aliens, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein (Though I haven’t seen it in years), and Star Treks 8 and 4.

BladeRunner

Gattaca, Oldboy… Atm those come to mind…

Gaaaaah. Edit your post to link to that image please Team Andromeda. It’s far too large to be in the post like that. :anjou_wow:

My favourite films tend to be family films from the 80s. Mainly because my parents just sat me in front of them to shut me up when I was younger sooo -

The Goonies
Flight of the Navigator
Back to the Future Trilogy
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Labyrinth

My girlfriend got me the Japanese Goonies soundtrack for Christmas. Whhoo, I was happy!

The Goonies was a thing of absolute beauty. :anjou_love:

[quote=“Felix”]

[quote=“Geoffrey Duke”]It’s a toss up between the Matrix and Equalibrium for me. If I just pretend that the second two Matrix films were never filmed, then I’m more tempted to lean in its direction…

What the Matrix needed was an evil genius to delete the whole thing from the inside out. What a waste of potential.[/quote]

EQUILIBRIUM!!!

My thoughts exactly regarding the second and third Matrix films. The first one was so well done that the others were just hard to watch. But Equilibrium was amazing! The more times you watch it the more you pick up that you didn’t notice before. Like how when Christian Bales character first meets the “father” near the beginning you see him feeling the desk as he walks by. Just small things like that are all over the movie. I love it.[/quote]

Funny how the first Matrix has better sfx than the sequels which budget drawfted the original.

[quote=“Pete”]My favourite films tend to be family films from the 80s. Mainly because my parents just sat me in front of them to shut me up when I was younger sooo -

The Goonies
Flight of the Navigator
Back to the Future Trilogy
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Labyrinth

My girlfriend got me the Japanese Goonies soundtrack for Christmas. Whhoo, I was happy![/quote]

Flight of the navigator had one of the best soundtracks in the 80’s kid genre EVER!!!

i’m a big fan of 80s teen movies since they were better produced and more relatable than the teen films of today. I can’t get enough of Bill and Ted and Three O clock High(Anyone seeing this film can ABSOLUTLY know that this film’s content is very close to the truth) and the john hughes teen movie stuff especially werid science.

Dragons Forever and other JC films of the mid eighties! Hong Kong ganster movies! and the american martial art dojo movies with the titles,No Retreat No Surrender and Best Of The Best hell even Karate Kid trilogy.

80’s movies in general are a fave of mine too like Rocky 3 and 4! Among others.

But ultimatly the spagetti westerns and their imitators are my best films. The dollars trilogy,Django and the american made The wild bunch all are the eptiome of what a film is meant to be. a good story and build up to a stunning finale. With excellent music as well.

Aah, Bill and Ted. Just bought Bogus Journey on DVD for ?2.99.

Those films made me think that Keanu Reeves might be able to act… Aah well.

More recently I have really enjoyed Spider-Man 2, I,Robot and The Incredibles