Um. Holy shit

Don’t know how credible this is, but supposedly this is the TGS 2007 lineup from Sega:

Alien Syndrome (Wii,PSP)
After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)
Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2,Xbox360,PS3,Wii,PSP,NDS,PC)
ChuChu Rocket! (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)
Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox360,PS3)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)
Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox360,PS3)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii,NDS)
Medieval II: Total War KingdomsVisit (PC)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2,Xbox360,PC)

Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)
Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)
Sega Rally Revo (Xbox360,PS3,PSP,PC)
Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)
Shenmue 3 (Xbox360)
Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox360)
Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)
Sonic Rush Adventure (NDS)
Sonic the RPG (Xbox360,PS3)
Space Channel 5 Part3 (Xbox360,PS3)
Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii,NDS,PSP)

The Club (Xbox360,PS3,PC)
The Golden Compass (PS2,PC,NDS,Xbox360,PSP,PS3,Wii)
The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox360,PS3)
Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox360,PC)
Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox360,PS3)
Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)
Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox360,PC)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Bolded the ones I care about most of all. Nintendo Wii purchase: confirmed. I already have a 360. It’s almost as if Sega’s been holding back all this time so they could prepare for their return to greatness.

All I have to say is that is a riot. It looks like all someone did was take a bunch of games that were already announced, then mixed in a bunch of games that OMG FANBOIZ!!!1! have been claiming are in development for the last 5 years or so.

Sorry, but nope, that list is fake.

Eh, one can dream I suppose.

We won’t be seeing any worthwhile games till about 2009 or 2010. Unfortunately, this applies to the entire industry. Oh well, we’ll all have Starcraft 2 to waste our precious time till then, anyway.

And whats a happing in 2009/10 thats so good ?. Also I do bed to differ . I can’t wait for the likes of PGR 4, Brother In Arms HH (my Game of the year), Mario Galaxy (looks to be the best platfrom game ever made) , VF 5 360 , Bioshock, Mass Effect (if it ever makes it) to come out .

This years line up is one of the best , though nothing to Christmas 1995 (for the best moment in gaming history) .

BTW , While that list was too good to be true , I so wished it was True about JSRF II :anjou_disappointment: . I want that game far more than Shenmue III/IV, and 2nd only to a new Panzer game. For me looking back I think JSRF is the best game onthe X-Box , and just so SEGA

why you didn’t bold **Shenmue 3 (Xbox360) ** i do NOT know

but yeah… looks like a defo fake

chuchu rocket on Xbox 360 live arcade would be a huge success tho

Because I hate Shenmue. Yu Suzuki’s “grand vision” had a tremendous part in harming Sega financially. The budget for that game was absolutely ridiculous at over 70 million USD. Whomever thought this was a good idea probably doesn’t have a job in marketing anymore.

The game didn’t even come close to selling a million copies. To put it in another light, World of Warcraft is estimated to have cost around $70 million to develop, which Blizzard has made back several times over of course. Final Fantasy XII cost $35 million, which Square knew they’d make back and more. Shenmue helped destroy Sega, and as far as I’m concerned, it wasn’t even that great a game anyways… more like a glorified graphics tech demo for Dreamcast.

ShenMue was a borefest from hell - it was like a reality show on crack.

I dare say that Konami is the only one who, so far, has got the gaming formula correct with Castlevania:SOTN - ‘metroid/vania’ type games are the only types of games that can contain my interest any longer. It’s such a shame that game companies, including Konami, absolutely refuse to use this formula anymore - instead, we’re stuck with a deluge of Oblivion and FPS type games that aren’t meant to be a true gaming experience; instead, they simply exist to kill time, which they do quite well. With this shit in mind, a videogame industry collapse would be a VERY good thing, indeed.

Oh, and when is Nintendo going to ever realize that their precious Zelda series is complete and utter shit with its current game engine? Why don’t they realize that Zelda would kick some ass if it used a metroid/vania type engine? Stupid Nintendo.

[quote=“Parn”]
SEGA helped destroy Sega,[/quote]

There… fixed it :slight_smile:

Sega Classics Collection 2 had better not be the awful mess that the 1st one was.

All those “remix” versions of the arcade classics did NO justice to any of them

[quote=“FrankieViturello”]Sega Classics Collection 2 had better not be the awful mess that the 1st one was.

All those “remix” versions of the arcade classics did NO justice to any of them[/quote]

I thought Virtua Racing wasn’t really changed much from the original at all, other than the anti aliasing and better framerate.

Anyway, considering that SEGA Classics Collection is just several Sega Ages 2500 titles on one disc, I assume a sequel to it (if or when) they make one would be the same.

Some of the newer Sega Ages titles were aceptable, if still a little rough. VF2 on Ps2 is far from arcade perfect but it’s still the closest you’ll get to the arcade game on a console at the moment. Panzer Dragoon was pretty much the same other than the slightly improved dragon model and smoothed out sprites and textures.

There is no Sega Classics Collection 2, by the way. And yes, the first one was bad (except for Virtua Racing and maybe Fantasy Zone). However, Sega Genesis Collection was actually pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.

Bonanza Bros was ace too onthe SEGA Classic collection imo (along with V.R) . And you’re right again :), Genesis/Mega Drive collection was ace, in fact with all the extra’s and care and attention to detail its one of the best retro packs I?ve had the pleasure to own. Shame that all the Shinobi MD games weren?t included though .

The Sega Ages Wonderboy collection is ace too imo

I sort of agree, but Part II is one of the best games I’ve ever played in my life, it was like taking part on a Jackie Chan masterpiece (if you diss Chan , I’ll have to kill you ;))

That should read 32X, and Bernie helped kill SEGA .
IMO the 32X is what really cost SEGA, How Tom could put all his faith in the pile of sh8t and SEGA Japan let SEGA America waste thier time with the unit, I’ll never ever know

Eh, Bernard Stolar was a scapegoat. He did what he was told to do by Sega of Japan… kill off the Saturn and start preparing for Dreamcast. And he did an excellent job. The US Dreamcast launch was one of the most successful game console launches in history with a solid lineup and awesome marketing.

Bernie was a Prick end of story , his 5 star plan made sure that all the Saturn gems would remain Japan only and to make matters worse his pissed off the one corp thta might have brought the likes of Grandia over to the West .
He more or less said for USA SEGA fans to go out and buy a N64 or PS if you want to play games, Oh thats such a great way to show the fans you care about them , but turning your back on them the 1st chance you get .

As for the DC , Bar buying VC I fail to see what Bernie did , most of the major support was onboard anyway . I sorry if its upsets a few , But Bernie was and is a prick in my eye’s .
I’ll never forgive SEGA America and Europe for what they did with the Saturn, still today by far and adway the best console around

Working Designs didn’t have the resources to bring Grandia over anyways. It took them forever to localize Lunar on the PlayStation.

And Stolar never told gamers to go play PSX or N64. He said that Saturn wasn’t Sega’s future, which made 3rd party developers jump ship, a decision made by Sega of Japan and not Sega of America. Why do you think developers were reluctant to hop onto Dreamcast? Sega of Japan abandoned the Saturn way too soon, and pulled the plug instead of being content on riding in third place.

If Stolar was such an evil person, how in the hell did we get Shining Force 3 Scenario 1, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Burning Rangers?

The trouble with Sega is basically every friggin division was off doing their own godddamn thing which isn’t really productive as far as world domination is concearned.

Sega of Japan turned down a console design by Sega of America which SoA had designed to be released instead of the Saturn at one point, or at least Edge has said so in one issue, that was aparently based around a single different chipset and easier to program for (although we all know Edge is full of sh*t so yeah)

[quote=“Parn”]Working Designs didn’t have the resources to bring Grandia over anyways. It took them forever to localize Lunar on the PlayStation.

And Stolar never told gamers to go play PSX or N64. He said that Saturn wasn’t Sega’s future, which made 3rd party developers jump ship, a decision made by Sega of Japan and not Sega of America. Why do you think developers were reluctant to hop onto Dreamcast? Sega of Japan abandoned the Saturn way too soon, and pulled the plug instead of being content on riding in third place.

If Stolar was such an evil person, how in the hell did we get Shining Force 3 Scenario 1, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Burning Rangers?[/quote]

Of Course Working Designs had the resources to bring Grandia Over, We all know they never hit street date, but they had the resources .

Remind me why Saturn users jumped ship ? , because Twat?s like Bernie never brought the software over that?s why . What a way to get support and people behind SEGA, and its upcoming next machine , but effectively saying up yours to the 2 million Saturn users in the west , you?ve brought the wrong system, and we?re not going to back it anymore , buy a PS and N64 if it games you want. This at a time when SEGA image was mud in the streets after dumping on 32X users , Giving the impression that if a SEGA machine doesn?t take off , SEGA will dump it and just make a new console .

Soltar was a complete and utter idiot, his 5 star plan gave no chance to quirky RGP?s and 2D games coming to the West , and that was the strong point of the Saturn where it really out shone the PS
Sure SEGA lost the mainstream long before Bernie took over thank to Tom and the utter mess up that was the 32X , but it would have been so nice and set out a strong and powerful message if SEGA would have brought over the of Silhouette Mirage , Dragon Force II ect. Showing that SEGA sticks by it fans and it still ready and able to bring quality software over.,

To not bring over Grandia at the height of the FF7 hype was nothing more than a total screw up, and then to make matters worse Bernie pisses off one the SEGA better 3rd party supporters (and one of the few SEGA West 3rd party supporters full stop) and the only other corp that would bring the likes of Dragon Force II, Grandia II over.
Sure I?ve no time fro cry boy Vic, but his corp was my last hope and Bernie sh8t on it , this after noises coming from SEGA that they were looking into bringing Grandia over thierself’s . It wouldn?t have made any diff in sales , but it would have pleased the Saturn faithful , showed that SEGA stood by the fans , and if brough out with the likes of RSG, Street Fighter Vs X-Men given Saturn users some pleasure after being the butt of PS fanboy and the mainstream media press jokes. But no Bernie great plan gave us Corrier Crisis Instead

BTW . SEGA Japan backed the Saturn far longer than SEGA America ever did , that much is for sure , what was the point in briging out SF III Pt1, if you’re not going to conclude the trilogy. who made Saga, Burning Rangers ect , becasue it certainly wasn?t SEGA America or Europe that much is far sure . Thanks to those Babbons most of SEGA West Resources was put to 32X development , only for it all to go belly up.
And SEGA America and Europe to look totally ridiculous , by trying to get people to buy the consoles they spent the best part of a year taking down ?we Don?t expect to sell many Saturns?, 32X is the only mass Market next Gen machine .

Thanks for nothing Tom.

Thank Chirst there’s decent people at SEGA west these days , and it seems the SEGA Baboons have jumped ship and working at Microsoft these days

Working Designs was a shit company who got what they deserved; in the end, they proved that they were just as clueless as Sega when it came to doing business, and thus, they had to close their doors. Good riddance, I say. Who wants to wait 3 years for a first generation title, anyway?

I was a HUGE fan of Working Designs way back when they were doing games for the Turbo Grafx and the Sega CD, mainly because they released their games on time, and the packaging and overall quality of the games were light years ahead of the competition. But when they broke all ties with Sega and jumped ship to the worthless Playstation, the quality, that they were so famous for, took a major nosedive – and they never recovered it.

As for Sega, I have to agree with Parn - Sega of Japan basically sabotaged the Saturn, and this was mainly due to the resentment they held toward Tom Kasinski who made SoJ look quite foolish by doing what he said he’d do: He was going to make the Genesis successful in the West - which he did quite well. Unfortunately, SoJ initially only hired Kalinski because they WANTED to see him fail, while they succeeded on their home front. As it turns out, however, the Mega Drive in Japan was a total failure for several years, but that began to change after Kalinski had made the Genesis successful in the West. Sega of Japan absolutely DESPISED Kalinksi for being successful while they were not – and this resentment later evolved into the 32X, which Kalinski (who now had a big ego) decided that he could also make successful. Unfortunately, this was not the case – and, ultimately, was the initial start of the downfall of Sega.

Therefore, the man responsible for the death of the Saturn was none other than Tom Kalinski, himself. If he had not fallen for the 32x trap, and handled the Sega CD add-on a little differently, the Saturn would have been a monumental success. People like to blame Bernie Stohler for alot of things, and I used to be one of them - but once you learn what really happened, you see the bigger picture. Bernie Stohler became the CEO of SoA in the MIDDLE of the Saturn lifespan, while Kalinski was the CEO during the first half of the Saturn launch. Stohler was brought in to revitalize the losses that Kalinski had inflicted on the company, and he was told in 1997 to basically ‘ignore the Saturn’ and ‘prepare for the Dreamcast’ - which he did. The launch of the Dreamcast was a success, and 8 months later Stohler was replaced by someone else. Stohler was then hired by Mattel to ‘revitalize’ the company…which he did…and was again replaced after ‘mission accomplished’. With that said, Bernie Stohler was an ASSET to Sega - and not the useless piece of shit everyone made him out to be.

If SEGA Japan hated Kalinski so much why did SEGA Japan let SOA call the shots over the 32X , waste thier time making some great software for it and give Kalinski over 10 million to open a new Multi Media Studio ?

Face facts while I haven’t much time for Nakayama, the 32X was Kalinski and SEGA west call and it was a total and utter mess up from start to finish and what cost SEGA the hardware dream .

Also Working Desgins games never shipped on time, Lunar and the likes of Popfulmail were always pushed back , didn’t matter at least they brought them over and decent job on the ports . Not all WD games took 3 years , at least thanks to WD we got to play Dragon Force and Iorn Storm in English . Good riddance to one of the few 3rd party suppoters SEGA had left ??, That’s a great way to run a console corp