U.S. Presidential race

California representing!

Today is a good day indeed.

Can you guys make a topic about all the Obama gospel? I mean, I’d just like to see some facts, some shooting down theories and what not, don’t get too excited and fight over it with each other… But I’ve read some insane things on teh internutz which make Obama sound like the antichrist and I’d like to see some sensible thinking over it just to understand what happened and what kind of a smear campaign can convince so many people over such things… Ie, all his associations with questionable parties, his tax increases n what not… There’s literally no objective source I can find, they all swing one way or the other in EXTREMES that don’t allow me to view what the dude actually stands for…

objective truth + politicians = world explosion

Basically, the goal of the smear is to make Obama sound like a Muslum terrorist who wants to take all the money from the middle class and give it to people who don’t feel like working.
The negativity is to just fill information sources with so much disinformation that nobody can tell what is true. Thus truth and falsehood become smeared. This is especially easy with things that are not fact-based. For instance, McCain says Obama wants to raise taxes for everyone. Obama says he only wants to raise taxes for folks who make over $250,000 a year who have been getting huge tax cuts for the past eight years. The McCain camp says he’s lying. Is he lying? Maybe. But then, maybe McCain is lying. It is impossible to tell and thus the smear campaign has suceeded.

If you can find the debates on YouTube or something, they could probably give you a good idea of the bloke? Really the only way is to read many articles and watch a lot of TV? But since the election is over, I imagine things will be cooling down.

Of course there will be no way to REALLY tell if Obama is going to be an awesome President or not until he actually is in office.

Let’s begin a new topic. I was going to debate in this one more but became caught up in other things as usual.