The gig is up!

EA are the kind of company who can change your style without you being aware of it. Once you join, you become part of the hive mind.

Abadd, have you ever given a lecture at a university on the subject of games or whatev?

Haha, no I haven’t. I’ve been invited to speak at local elementary and junior high schools, though :slight_smile: Not quite the same, I would imagine.

It’s still a little early in my career to be giving talks at universities, to be honest. I would think that they would want someone at least at the VP level to be able to give those sorts of talks. I’m only at the senior manager level.

Whenever i contemplated the current state of your soon-to-be ex-employer, i
thought that your talent was wasted there.
I am very happy for you to have found a new place.
Even though it is in development, it still sounds like your influence to actual design will be limited, which is a shame.

The only “upsetting” company choice would be EA.
The “old rivalries” comment leads me think of either Sony or Nintendo…

Should you really have dinner with a member of Team ICO one of these days (before the gdc, i think it will be revealed there), get him as drunk as possible to have him reveal some juicy details about their unannounced new game, pretty please ! :wink:

Well, it does sound like I’ll have some influence over the direction/content of games, though I won’t be “in charge” of it, so to speak. I also just found out that I’ll be part of a group that gives feedback to much… um… ehem “larger” projects, which is really exciting. We’ll see if they get sick of my 30 page emails about what they’re doing wrong :smiley:

You can tease us as much as you want about your new position, i still remember your real name, now i just have to keep an eye on credit rolls of AAA-games coming out in …2 years. It will take some time and effort i guess, but the truth will be unveiled.

Well, that’s 2 more years of relentless taunting… that’s alright with me :anjou_love:

Haha, good point Kheel. I wonder how long it’ll be before the depths of the internet reveal his secret.

Actually, I’m curious to see, too. I’m a fairly “behind the scenes” person at this point in my career, so no idea why my name would turn up in association with my new company.

Dammit, Ueda wouldn’t talk about his new game… Agent Abadd, ?bernehmen Sie!

What makes you think I have any access to Ueda-san? :stuck_out_tongue:

And on a side note… holy crap, this is overwhelming. My first assignment is to do something dealing with a scale that I’ve never even considered before. Time to step it up!

Screenshot or it didn’t happen!

Considering it’s not a specific game that I’m working on and more company-wide processes, a screenshot would just consist of me looking very stressed and unsure of what I’m doing :smiley:

But maybe there’d be something cool in the background!