So, what was wrong with Orta?

I don’t get how the wormriders managed to control the baldors using this ‘power stone’. The Panzer world has always been fairly scientific, and I don’t see how this fits in.
That and Mobo. He was just…Weird.

[quote=“Daz”]I don’t get how the wormriders managed to control the baldors using this ‘power stone’. The Panzer world has always been fairly scientific, and I don’t see how this fits in.
That and Mobo. He was just…Weird.[/quote]

i think it said somewhere that perhaps the baldors were controlling the humans more than the humans controlling the baldors…

perhaps the baldors reasoned that it would be a symbiotic relationship and are willingly working with the humans. and maybe that ‘power stone’ is more of a way for the human to give directions rather than outright control?

but i have no explanation for that mobo…

[quote=“oXydo CHRONOS”]

[quote=“GehnTheBerserker”]

You got it all mixed up.I was saying that they di da bad job with Orta not the Saturn games.I was saying even I could do better than what they did with Orta.

Show us then :smiley:
(easier said than done isn’t it ? :p)

But it seems I have nothing to do here, I personnally think Orta is cool :smiley:

[this was my post for June and a light of hope in this topic :D][/quote]

You gte me a person who can draw what I picture in my mind and Ill deliver! :smiley:

I actually thought that the enemy was quite clearly defined at the start of the game: the Empire. The Empire were after Orta, they were attacking her, and the cut scenes at the end of Episode 1 strongly suggested that they would be one of the main enemy forces in the game. Mind you, I have played the Saturn trilogy, so I was expecting the Empire to be up to no good.

I think Abadd was meant to be a mystery, a character - much like Azel in a way - who starts off on one side, but as the story progresses it is revealed that he is on another side. I liked the mystery surrounding Abadd. Even at the end of the game, at lot about him was still unknown.

Evern is female by the way.

I had wondered about this before, but I think that the Baldor is probably attracted to the light the stone emits or something. Another mystery. I mentioned some possible explainations about the Baldors and Wormriders in my Wormrider Summary (in the Factions section).

Welcome back, CHRONOS.

I think I see Mega’s point, though. As with the previous games, the Empire was ultimately just a troublesome side-enemy here; once again the greater enemy was the legacy of the Ancients, this time personified in Abadd.

I liked the way that Abadd’s intentions were only revealed as a twist towards the end of the game, but I thought that the one-scene-to-the-next pacing of the rest of the story did make it seem a little more like an action-movie’s plot than the previous games, as I said earlier. But then PDO is an action game, after all; I think that PD1 and PDZ only seemed so bleak and serious to me because they had such minimalistic storylines.

i thought that as well, but is there any proof? the voice is ambiguous.

i think i may have said something about it before, but there was this anime called escaflowne that i saw at my friend’s house when i was little. and there was a character very much like evren in it. the deal with that character was that their gender is not easily explained… a government experimented on a little girl and warped them into this murderous soldier who appeared to be a boy… it caused them a great deal of psychosis.

The person who voiced her is female, and she almost definately sounded like a girl to me.

Evren’s a very masculine character but I’m quite sure that she’s meant to be a woman; you can hear the intonation in her voice in some scenes that really gives it away. If Smilebit wanted us to think that Evren was a man, I’m pretty sure they would have employed a male voice actor.

you want to fight or somethin? >:O

i’m fine with the common feeling that she is a girl, but i just want to clear up that nothing was actually said in the game that would elude to that?

I could be mistaken, but as far as I can remember the script doesn’t indicate that Evren is a woman. On the other hand nothing indicates that she isn’t a woman, and she definitely does have a woman’s voice; I think that’s the only evidence we have of her gender, but it seems like fairly good evidence.

fair enough. i still don’t think she sounds blatantly female, but she isn’t clearly a guy either.

i thought iva sounded like an ickle girly :smiley:

and then there’s ponta… o_O

[quote=“Lance Way”]

I could be mistaken, but as far as I can remember the script doesn’t indicate that Evren is a woman. On the other hand nothing indicates that she isn’t a woman, and she definitely does have a woman’s voice; I think that’s the only evidence we have of her gender, but it seems like fairly good evidence.[/quote]

LOL.

Megathedium: you better start using capitalized letters at the begining of sentences, or Ill personally gut you!

I think a big part of the reason why the first two Panzer games don’t feel as “rushed” would be because their storylines weren’t as developed as Panzer Dragoon Orta. PDO introduced a great many more characters into the story than both PD1 and 2 combined. As a concequence of this, the events did go quite quickly, which could be both a good or bad thing. It’s really a matter of taste in the end I suppose, but I would rather have a deeper storyline/characters as opposed to the minimal storylines of the first two games.

Hopefully if there’s another RPG this won’t be a problem, as the length of RPGs usually allow for a slower paced story.

But that doesn’t mean she is female. Think Bart Simpson :wink: :P.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]

But that doesn’t mean she is female. Think Bart Simpson :wink: :P.[/quote]

But this is supposed to be an adult, not a little boy.

[quote=“Daz”]

But that doesn’t mean she is female. Think Bart Simpson :wink: :P.
But this is supposed to be an adult, not a little boy.[/quote]

Granted mate, That why I used the smiley.

To say the truth I don?t know who gender Evren is. At the end of Ep 1 when Everen says I?ll be back for you little guy (can?t remember of hand exactly what it is).

That to me sounded like the sort of talk a man would use. But then at the end of Ep 4 Evren mad laugh sounds so much like a woman (well it is really)

o_O

i mean…

O_o

“I’ll get you little girl! You and your little dog too!”
:slight_smile:

You guys are kidding me right?

Of course Evren is a woman!Ever heard of the expression “too much”?

Megathedium : I mean it!

This is perhaps a bit tangental, and while I personally think Evren is a woman, I thought I’d point out that just because a female voice actor is employed for an adult character does not mean that adult character has to be male. Anyone here familiar with the Rurouni Kenshin anime? Kenshin’s voice actor is female and Kenshin is most definitely male. It’s not unheard of in Japan to have a female voice actor do the voice of a male character.

I still think Evren’s female though.