Shining Force fans rejoice?

Haa, ancient thread, I found it via google, I didn’t wanna create a new one just for this shit, but yeah, apparently next week will see the unveiling of a new SRPG in an existing franchise according to the latest Famitsu. Maybe this time it’s for real? :stuck_out_tongue:

A SEGA franchise or from any publisher?

Any, no details were given other than it’s an SRPG in an existing franchise. Yeah far fetched I know.

Loosely related, I’ve revamped my website so that it sucks less. Artwork for the definitive SRPG can now be admired in a more user-friendly fashion.

synbios.net/site/?page_id=260

More related, I’m expecting this announcement to be another Fire Emblem game.

Yeah. nevermind, it most likely is a new Super Robot Taisen game for the DS, and a remake of a SNES game at that. Some retailer listings leaked this information so I suppose there’s still a chance Famitsu will unveil something else but… Yeah. Cool site.

Bloody hell, the things I wrote back then make me cringe now.

Don’t worry about it Geoffrey. The ability to admit that something needed or needs personal improvement is one of the most of important things a person can ever do.

so many shining games ^^

im so lucky i decidet to study japanese in japan…

bought japanese saturn and getting games to it that havent been able to find in europa,
or just too expensive…

gonna get the shining force 3 1,2,3… but seen with scenorio 1, 2, 3 and part 1 , 2, 3 any differens with part and scenorio? maybe not, since same picture on them and everything… oh and premium disc also found a few ^^

even tho have panzer dragoon 1,2 and 3 to europen saturn , still getting them
to the japanese saturn… just missing the 2… also looking for soundtrack to them^^

ah~ love being in tokyo… find many saturn games i never even heard of ^^
also dreamcast games…

The Shining Force III scenarios are different games. The stories cross over with one another, each scenario being told from the perspective of a different hero. Unfortunately only the first scenario was translated into English, although some fan translations were made of the two later scenarios. But if you know Japanese that won’t be a problem. :slight_smile:

I wonder how the latest Golden Sun game for DS is coming along. That series is really the true successor to the Shining series. I just wish Camelot would make a Golden Sun SRPG.

yeah but kanjis is a biaching hard ^^:;
love finding games especially when they are new and unopened and cheap XD
to saturn and dc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: quite rare have to say… unscrathed…untouched…

Some of you might be interested in this, a new Shining strategy game for the PSP. It’s called Shining Hearts. As far as I’m concerned, the Shining series ended a long time ago, but I’ve leave you to be the judge of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SJU2526jM)

hah i was at that tokyo game show ^^
got to see it with my own eyes and many more :slight_smile:

If you skip to 43 seconds into the trailer you’ll see the familiar square-based grid from Shining Force.

That’s weird, in the same trailer there are multiple views of what looks like Final Fantasy-like combat screens with the party members opposite of an enemy or group of enemies… Surely it doesn’t have two battle systems.