Sega posting losses and mass layoffs

I’ll say it again to be clear: Sega is nothing compared to current market leaders. Sega was once comparable to them.

You can’t deny that.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]Konami ? Other than MGS they have even less IP that can appeal and sell on the world stage than SEGA. Square too have all sorts of issues , and the need to lay off staff even in IO Interactive studios , that’s with out the 300 or so Japanese Square staff that lost their jobs a couple of year ago
Also Square have been forced to issues profits warning for the last couple of years and their profits are less than SEGA’s btw

Keep with the news Duke…[/quote]

They are still more relevant than Sega. Silent Hill and Final Fantasy are pretty mainstream. Christ, Silent Hill was even turned into two movies and they have Sean Bean in them.

That’s more than Sega has ever done in recent years.

This system is destined to collapse again since we are so dependent on the rest of the world, so maybe we’ll get our wish.

1 million 18-25 olds out of work. Where are the jobs for them?

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]It depends on your definition of cuts . if fact our current spending for the whole of this Parliament will be that to what the government of 2005 was spending (when we won the bid)

Was the UK such a bad place then ? [/quote]

It doesn’t matter. If we can’t afford it, then we can’t afford it. End of story. If it brings more money into the UK than is invested, then sure fire away, otherwise it’s just hypocrisy.

[quote=“Team Andromeda”]Not if you use the likes of Plus Net, 02 admiral and a host of others all with UK call based centres (its now a selling point for a lot of corps ) Also where do you think some of the biggest supplies of Tech are based India or UK.

Where ARM, Power VR are based , where are F1 teams like McLaren, Red Bull, Lotus, Williams Force India (for added irony) Mercedes, Caterham, Marussia based , where is Rock Star North , Lionhead, Codemasters based , I can’t think of one India developed game, much less a studio

Where it comes to Tech its not all gone to India , quite a lot of it is still in the UK[/quote]

Those are still jobs (like data entry, telemarketing and phone jobs) that should have stayed home but were exported to make a quick profit, and has created a lost generation as a result.

I can give you the facts (1 million young people with no future), yet you think that everything is fine and that they are just work shy.

And you wonder why the Tories will be gone again next election.

Where is the social mobility for those people? Where? Like I said, a pure service sector economy is unsustainable. It’s the equivalent of selling food to people who have no money except for credit and can’t pay it back.

But you see nothing wrong with that, and everything is fine, right? Where is the money going to come from to pay for anything?

You can’t spend your way out of debt. You have to produce your way out.

You know what, I don’t feel like having another pointless debate. It’s a waste of time.

The economy sucks and people have less money to spend.

Locking this.