Project Needlemouse

Only thing that really surprises me is that there are people still interested in Sonic.

As Sega’s all time mascot sure, but surely Sonic as a video game franchise has had it?

Maybe I’m just a skeptical b*****d…

Oh yeah, I’m back after… 2 years of absence?

It’s a combination of things. There are plenty of fans who continue to support the franchise, plus there are plenty of new gamers every year that have never played a Sonic game and their parents are familiar with the series, so buy it as a “safe” introduction to videogames.

Any news on Chao? =P

Haven’t heard anything about Chao being included, Scott.

Some leaked* footage of Sonic 4 can found here: spindash.org/sonic4/

*If anyone is offended by this being posted here or whatever, I can remove the link, but the reality is the videos are already out there in the wild.

My feelings are mixed after seeing these videos. It looks like fun, but I’m not sure that they’ve captured what made Sonic 3 and Knuckles so special. If anything, it looks more like a sped up version of Sonic 1, with elements found in the Sonic Advance/Rush games thrown in. The homing attack, for example, will aid in defeating enemies, but including it removes some of the precision of the Megadrive games. There seems to be lots of ramps and gadgets for speeding Sonic up, but it’s almost too automated. I hardly saw the player using spin dash. In the Megadrive Sonic games you mostly felt that you were in control, something that was lost in Sonic’s transition to 3D (even in the enjoyable Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast).

Sega promised some really big Sonic 4 news today, and apparently the big news is that the game has been delayed:

Rather odd how they suggest its “the first time ever” they actually used fan feedback… Then again it does show that, this time around, Sega really wants to deliver a quality Sonic title that the fans will appreciate. They’ve posted a new video, which unfortunately doesn’t show anything really new or different from the earlier videos.

Good.

[quote=“Solo”]

Good.[/quote]

Can this mean they might actually be listening to the fans…?

:gasp:

D-unit - Actually, it looks like the animation has been vastly improved. His running looks much better (his footsteps are actually timed properly now) and he has that cartwheel-leg effect going when he runs at top speed. Looks like they’re taking the time to polish this one. fingers crossed

Seems Sonic Team are back.

Heard that one before. But seriously, I hope you’re right.

Whoa, and yet another Sonic announcement: Sonic Colors.

This actually feels like a much more whimsical and fun idea than a lot of the other things they’ve tried. No telling how it’s going to turn out, though.

Maybe they’ve taken a hint from Nintendo’s Galaxy games? Oh to get something resembling that quality and fun. If it’s just the third “Secret Rings” type game, forget it.

Since Sonic Colors will be entirely 2D for the DS, I feel like it will probably be worth playing. The only flat-out bad 2D Sonic game was Sonic Blast for Game Gear.

I would have to know more about it before I get excited though.

Hmm, space adventure eh? Maybe they did take a hint from Galaxy :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.nintendopower.com/images/NP256_Cover.png
Game Info
The diabolical Dr. Eggman has hatched another plan for world domination!

He has built an amazing interstellar amusement park, floating in space around Sonic?s home planet, bursting with incredible rides and attractions.

However, all is not as it seems as Dr. Eggman has abducted an alien race and is harnessing their colourful energy to fuel a sinister plot. Before Dr. Eggman completes his evil plans though, Sonic discovers his mysterious theme park in space.

When he arrives, Sonic finds he is also able to use these alien powers and is ready to help. Sonic will need all his speed and skill as he faces this test, but, empowered by the alien energy, it?s a test he?ll pass with flying colours.

Features
? Non-stop high-speed action
? Collect and engage the new power-ups derived from the coloured energy of the Wisps!
? Unique Colour Power for the Wii? and Nintendo DS?
? Perfect blend of 3D and classic 2D perspectives on the Wii and solid 2D dual-screen gameplay on Nintendo DS!

There’s a trailer and other stuff but it’s just pre-rendered FMV with Sonic running like in the cover alongside Tails and those, eh, alien color wisps. The tune is neat.

Internet flame wars over the correct spelling of Sonic Colours have already begun.

Reaully, though. Why caun’t thouse daumn Aumeuriucauns speull aunythiung courreuctly? :wink:

We fought a damn war so that we don’t have to put "u"s in our words!

Man, i get excited everytime i see something like a Chao and then get disapointed

Here’s a pic from NP, not great quality, you can find more easy. Well, they got the graphics down. Again. Hope the gameplay too.

You must be new here.