Project Needlemouse

I made a new video in honor of Sonic 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4b_U9uviLQ)

Some leaked footage.

Jesus Christ, that person sucks at playing Sonic games.

And thus the Sonic cycle starts anew.

Btw sorry to anyone’s PMs I might not have answered in my long absence.

Looks pretty good for an alpha build. Way to build up the hype Sega!

[quote=“Parn”]I made a new video in honor of Sonic 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4b_U9uviLQ)

Lol.

Gotta love those Youtube commentors.[/quote]

Possible leaked footage: joystiq.com/2010/02/16/rumor … ge-leaked/

Looks really nice , Can’t wait

Meh, just looks like a remake of Green Hill Zone now.

Uh… isn’t that kind of the point?

[quote=“Abadd”]

Uh… isn’t that kind of the point?[/quote]

LOL :anjou_happy:

Wait wait… the idea of sequels is to exactly copy previous games?

Mind = blown.

It’s kind of the old standard for 2D Sonic games to have a Green Hill-esque zone…

THIS.

Not to have the exact same game, Shadow, but to continue certain elements and themes from one game to the next. In Sonic’s case, there has always been a Green Hill Zone-esque sort of level. My guess is in order to show that the series is going back to its roots, they’re taking a much more direct approach with the art style/level design and trying to recreate the fun of the first games.

I see what you’re saying, but it’s way closer to Green Hill than Emerald Hill, Angel Island, or Mushroom Hill zones ever were. Pictorial evidence here.

No doubt it is. Which is why I said that they’re probably doing that to help give the impression that the series is going back to its roots. I highly, highly doubt that it’ll turn out to be just an “updated” Sonic 1. There’s gotta be more to the story. They’ve only just announced the title, so we’ll see what else they let loose.

I’m still holding firm to the belief that this will be Sega’s most epic trolling of the gaming community to date.

Sonic 4, First Look

Sounds good for the most part, although this comment makes me sceptical:

Hopefully, whatever control issues are present, Sega will clear them up prior to release.

Also, the game sounds like it will be more like Sonic 1 than Sonic 3 and Knuckles. While I’m sure fans appreciate Sonic returning to his roots, if this is meant to be continuation of the Megadrive Sonic series, I’d expect the game to be an evolution of the latter games in the series rather than trying to be just like Sonic 1. Why not allow Tails to be playable as a secondary character in single player mode (as in Sonic 2 and 3), for example? Maybe Tails and Knuckles will be added in future episodes.

In an interview Iizuka strongly implied that Tails will be present in future episodes.

Interesting. I wonder if Episode 2 would unlock Tails in Episode 1? (like how Sonic 3 unlocked him in Sonic and Knuckles).