Panzer Dragoon Sega Saturn Magazine Scans

Joey Anderson and I in the progress of extracting the Panzer Dragoon articles from Sega Saturn Magazine (UK) scans in single PDF files per article. I’ve put this topic here to discuss further collaboration on this (and so that we don’t forget about it). Original SSM scans contributed by Jon Halling.

Best magazine ever. Arcie will agree.

1 Like

I used to subscribe as well. Issue 31 was the best of course.

The best issue of anything ever.

Heya guys! Sorry I’ve had to put this on the back burner for so long, I’ve extracted all the pages with Panzer Dragoon content into individual PDF pages and am in the process of recombining multi-page features back into single PDFs. It looks like I have about 24 issues left to go through, I’ll post back here with my progress.

1 Like

Once this is done, there’s the question of how to organise them on the site. They’re not technically ‘Pictures’, so it wouldn’t make sense to group them with other magazine scans. Maybe a new media type in left hand navigation bar… ‘Documents’?

It was written by evil leprechauns who wanted to save the world.

I remember when the local newsagent used to deliver this to my door.

Rich Leadbetter, Matt Yeo and all the other guys… especially the one who constantly got the piss took out of him.

I remember the final issue in August/September 1998… quite emotional as for me it marked the end of the Saturn.

1 Like

That would be Lee (The) Nutter! I miss SSM, it was great.

Thought I will add that I have every magazine issue less than one meter away from me.

Bumping this. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in picking this up? It’s been a few years now since the last activity and I suspect @SonataNo8 has moved on to other things.

To add the scans to the site it would probably be best to convert the PDF pages to high quality JPEGs and set up an album per magazine article on the site. That would fit into our existing setup anyway. Alternatively, a less time consuming approach would be to zip the PDFs up and put them in the Downloads section.

Rich always worked on and introduced the best gaming mag ever (Maximum) Such a shame it had a short life, but here’s their features on Panzer Dragoon Zwei

1 Like

Here are the extracted Panzer Dragoon articles that Joey has organised so far, copied to my Dropbox (only temporarily until they’ve been added to the site):

1 Like

Archive link: https://www.panzerdragoonlegacy.com/downloads/48-sega-saturn-magazine-uk-panzer-dragoon-extracted-pages

Joey has also scanned the Panzer Dragoon Saga manual: https://www.panzerdragoonlegacy.com/downloads/49-panzer-dragoon-saga-manual

A fantastic effort on both accounts.