Panzer Dragoon Saga and Zwei prototypes

I got all the ones I tried to work fine with Alcohol 120%.

The Shareware version of Alcohol 120 has a 15 Day limit, however it can be fooled simply by changing your clock settings back ;p

[quote=“Shadow”]Has anyone gotten the prototypes to work successfully when mounted with Daemon Tools? My “Saturn” is throwing up the “Game disc unsuitable for this system” error.

EDIT: Nevermind, got them to actually load. The Dec 22 1997 disc 1 proto is the only one I’ve tried so far, and all that does is play the intro before cutting out back to the “dashboard”. =/[/quote]

You need to edit the .cue file in a text editor. Change the path of the .bin from “Z:…\filename.bin” to just “filename.bin” so it knows where to find the .bin file. Then mount the .cue file. Lance linked the updated cue files earlier in the thread. This should stop the game from crashing in SSF.

Yeah, but he said he is seeing the intro before getting sent back to the BIOS menu.

This implies that Daemon tools is indeed finding the images and loading them, and the problem resides with either the image or the emulator.

I had this issue with the Zwei prototype, where it would reboot after the title screen. Upon fixing the cue sheet it allowed me to play further into the game, as werid as that sounds.

Sorry to bump this old thread but during a previous backup, i lost some Panzer Dragoon Saga prototypes discs:

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Prototype - Nov 30, 1997) (Disc 1) (bin+cue)
  2. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Prototype - Nov 30, 1997) (Disc 3) (bin+cue)

If someone here still have them and can upload them somewhere, i will be pleased (i search everywhere but seems all torrent are dead).

Best regards,
JacKc.

Yes, I think it would be worth uploading these prototypes somewhere. They’re history that should be preserved.

Anyone want to take care of this?