New Guy!

Hey everyone, hope this is the right place to be posting introductions!

So I’m Omegapoo (Carl), a long time panzer dragoon fan and somewhat of a budding artist.
I’ve been meaning to join this site for some time now, and after seeing a petition to re release the dragoon series I figured what the heck and registered.

As I said I’m a long time panzer dragoon fan. I started playing zwei after playing a demo that came with “Sega Saturn magazine” in the UK.
I was hooked, and for a long time it was pretty much the only game I played, that and wipeout.
Until one day I bought both zwei and panzer dragoon from a local games store, then spent the majority of my time when not in school or with friends playing both games until I new every enemy attack pattern to heart.

Then in may 1998 after saving my birthday money I traveled into town to a popular game store and stood in line next to PlayStation gamers who stared at me like I was scum. After having purchased their copies of final fantasy 7 and crash bandicoot, I threw my money on to the counter and sped home clutching my brand new copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

The next few weeks were a mixture of extremely late night’s and barely awake days at school, seldom venturing far from my bedroom when not in class or in need of a bathroom break or food.

Then it happened, I defeated sestren and in came ‘sona mi areru ec sancitu’, and I can honestly say I felt that this was the greatest game ever developed, I felt privileged and special knowing that I was one of the few to have experienced it when so many others were singing Sony’s praises!

To this day that song still gives me a cold chill down my spine when I hear it and I can’t help but close my eyes and smile.
I’m 28 now, and I’m fond of many other games but for me Panzer Dragoon Saga will always hold the #1 spot.
If I was ever to inherit a large sum of money, a large part of it would go towards funding a 're release of all four main games. (Orta would get the least however)

Thankyou for reading, and I look forward to talking to you fine people.
Cheers!

Omegapoo (Carl).

[quote=“omegapoo”] I started playing zwei after playing a demo that came with “Sega Saturn magazine” in the UK.
[/quote]

That’s exactly how I came into contact with Panzer Dragoon as well. I loved playing that level! All in all that was a really good demo, definitely made me want to buy the full game.

I also get the same chill from that song. The music from the series is really iconic. It’s weird that some people think of the Andes when they hear panpipes and I think of dragons :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, welcome.

You basically described my introduction to and feelings toward the Panzer franchise.

Good to have you aboard!

Welcome. :anjou_happy:

That’s exactly how I came into contact with Panzer Dragoon as well. I loved playing that level! All in all that was a really good demo, definitely made me want to buy the full game.

I also get the same chill from that song. The music from the series is really iconic. It’s weird that some people think of the Andes when they hear panpipes and I think of dragons :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, welcome.[/quote]

Face it… the Golia battle was one of the best boss-battles in the entire series… including the music. The jungle and cave episodes of Zwei were the best, both musically and visually.
But that Golia really stuck with me.
I remember playing that demo disk too… and then wondering why everything went quiet and started to go dark… and that moment where the huge spot appeared on the radar… and then it came down in front of Lagi, and I freaked out and started hammering the berserk button.

very nice forum