My petition for a Panzer Dragoon REBOOT game

Guys,

The more I work my notes, the more I have the impression I am making it obscure so I am now sharing my text.
And I hope you can help me, by correcting wrong english, sharing your ideas, telling me where it can be improved.

I now want to have something online soon and start phase 2, ie contact gamer communities and also “influent” people so they read it as widely as possible.

Thank you for your help.

First of all, let me start this saying this petition is not about requesting a remake or port of existing PD games. There is already a petition with this intent, which I personally support too. I also want to thank panzerdragoonlegacy.com whose team does a fantastic work to keep the PD torch alight.

But I think today, with current technology in the video gaming industry, the Panzer Dragoon World deserves a complete new story of its own. A reboot.

Regardless of how many signatures/supports this project will get, the present effort is also meant to raise awareness - among developers - on the potential and the strengths of such a project, should it be seriously considered. Not only would it be supported by the original PD fans (who are millenials and now adults, hence might have “a bit” of money to support this) but also among the newer generations who could support the project massively if the “demos” are ambitious and convincing enough. Yes, since PD was first released, we now have crowdfunding platforms…

Let me tell you why Panzer Dragoon World is a mine of gold.
Let me detail why we need a new Panzer Dragoon game:

1/ It has a fantastic story background and a huge potential…

…for sequels or prequels (the world of the ancients).
For any old PD game fan, it is well known that… we don’t know all we would like to. And this was most likely intentional. But for sure, there is still a lot to tell about panzer dragoon world and story. Whether before, after or in parallel to the events described in the existing games because the story is so rich.
It also has a unique bestiary, a unique charm and mystery in the environments it pictures. And this is one of the key elements we would need back in a new game. It even needs to be expanded and explored more as one of its core strengths.

• Due to the story it describes, this new game could tell us more about the ancients ? It would have a lot of technology and would be a sort of Sci-fi game telling us what happened before the PD games events ? Panzer Dragoon Origins ?
  • Or a game on the future after existing PD games ie after Orta ? Panzer Dragoon Evolution ?
  • Or tell a story in parallel as only 1/5th of the world is shown in each game ? Panzer Dragoon Chronicles ?

Imagine playing a hunter or a seeker exploring PD world on the back of a Koolia for rare items (flowers, insects…), walking its world by foot, having skills to defeat monsters without dragon at start, exploring its world, its cities, infiltrating…Or maybe the player would be a scientist, exploring ancient ruins for old artifacts, drones… ? You would make a plane before the dragons saves you when it crashes ?
Maybe a soldier from empire who would turn renegade ? or maybe all of this ? I am sure creativity could come up with something brilliant.

With current generation of platforms, an open world would probably be obvious (and I would personally love it). Exploring imperial capital would be great ? Maybe in the future, new powers would have been discovered from the ancient relics ? This open world approach has somehow been brilliantly initiated in Panzer Dragoon Saga.

One of the important things in an open world is to create striking moments iso that the player remembers some special times he had even when he was free roaming. And this is what Zelda BOTW did so well. We need this sort of consistency and depth in a new PD game.

Now, back at the gameplay, imagine the hero has gained special skills which allows him to control wildlife of PD world. Then the fights against wildlife would not be based on killing but on controlling their spirit ? You would then gain experience for this kind of skill and progress ?
The real enemy would be the empire (again ?) or a new one ? and you could only kill these enemies, not wildlife ? You could control wildlife to help you in fight.
Until something happens to one of those heroes and the dragon is back (but you don’t get it from the start).
You could explore dungeons, which would be ancient sites where you would discover technology & knowledge about the world as it has become.

These are purely suggestions I make to show what a reboot of the series could bring. I am not pretending those are the best ideas, they are humbly some of mine and the fans, and I am sure a team of professionals would have some fresh and fantastic ideas too !

Moebius did some fantastic illustrations which were used for PD series. We obviously need a new series of drawing and illustrations, a bit like the Zelda series recently. It helps building a strong artistic world.
Obviously, this new story would not require to have a previous knowledge of existing PD games. It would be self sufficient and in the same time could be an invitation to re play the older games (and here, a port or remake of those games could be mean more revenue for SEGA).

2/ It had one of the most beautiful and unique technical & artistic direction

When watching a film like Avatar, I had reminiscence of iconic PDS places like Uru lake, the forest and all such colorful places in the game. Also the way TORUK flies reminded me of PD dragon, they are not cliché fantasy world dragons, they look more swift.

It also had those vivid and vibrant colors which reminded me of URU and those similar places: forests, deserts, snow, sea, mines.
The game had so much impact on me, that more than 10 years later, that’s the kind of thoughts I had when watching Avatar. And this doesn’t happen often.

• Why it can be the “make the difference” reboot:

Metroid only became so popular after several episodes, major success coming with first episode of the Prime trilogy.
Make an open world, re think fighting system, maybe similar to Zelda with simple fights being open and boss battles being ‘centered’.

Once you have cleared an area, or have gained experience/a certain level, you could play/unlock “routes” and play those routes as in the rail shooter original games. But this would be an option for the nostalgics mainly.

Also, one of the great things I liked when playing the first Assassin Creed was the eagle jump. I immediately though “this is so cool”. “Imagine you’d be able to do this in Panzer Dragoon but instead of falling in a haystack, the dragon would come to pick you up in the air !”
You’d somehow call the dragon when jumping from the cliff, mentally or with a sound.

Imagine an open world, where you can explore land but also travel quite high in the air for epic battles

Experience matters more than technics as confirmed and seen in Zelda botw. The latter game confirmed its unique mystery was part of it success. We don’t need ultra sharp graphics/textures, we need a well designed, a consistent and well finished story, an immersive environment, a hero we like to play. The interface in Zelda was great also because minimalistic, you were not drown in icons on map and so on.
This would be a good technical practice to respect PD beatiful world design.

3/ It also means one of the most beautiful OST for a game (PDS)

Music matters so much and it has always been so unique and authentic since PD Zwei (for me the music in first PD was a bit out of tune against the world it depicted but that’s just personal statement here).

The composer since PD Zwei, Saori Kobayashi, proved with her Terra Magica album that she still has so much talent and more ideas to compose on the PD theme. The Terra Nova was not composed for a game but the PD world was for sure the theme.
Listen to Horizon if you still doubt it.

Saori always has talent to translate the aerial elements into her music, with her keyboards. Also the martial battle atmosphere into martial rhythms…
You immediately know the music you hear is (for) Panzer Dragoon.

And Saori said it herself, she wanted to explore more elements than aerial elements with this record. Those elements we also need to explore in a new game !

Should there be a new PD world, should Saori be on board.

I personally purchased the Terra magica physical album. Do not hesitate to show love by supporting this artist via the link http://store.bravewave.net/album/terra-magica. You have the options of physical or digital music there.

4/ Because SEGA needs new iconic franchises and so do we

And when I say new, you will think Panzer Dragoon isn’t new ! And you’re right ! But this is why we need a hard reboot. So that the new generation of gamers can enjoy this fantastic world that is PD.

See what is currently being done with games like ZELDA BOTW and MARIO ODYSSEY, SONIC, METROID PRIME4. Those games are rebooted, there is a methodology that was used to define what was going to be kept from the original series, and what was going to be changed.

Well, I think the same methodology needs to be applied for PANZER DRAGOON.

We need an open world game, with RPG elements. At least we need something more profound than a rail shooter.
They may be technically great, they will only interest a fraction of players.
And I will be honest, if we didn’t have PDS, I wouldn’t be here with this petition.

SEGA needs to revitalize this franchise so it can become iconic.

We need a new game which creates bond with the player and keep you really engaged. A rail shooter game is an intense experience but once you finish it, you usually forget it quickly. Happened to me with PD 1 & 2 but that changed forever with PDS.

5/ The game would be fantastic on the NINTENDO SWITCH

Ok, I know some of you might see this as controversial. I am not asking for an exclusivity but I still think the game would be great if you could fly your dragon on the go as well as being able to play it home.

I am confident this would be a system seller.

But the best option would be for as many players to have the chance to play it, so an all platform (MICROSOFT, SONY, NINTENDO…) availability would be cool.

As a fan of the series, I would buy any console if ts became exclusive, but exclusivity is probably not the best option.
Why not offering exclusive dragon skins or bonuses for each platform/console.

Now how do we fund this game ?

Well, a partnership between SEGA, NINTENDO (and its XENOBLADE TEAMs) could work. Mutualise some of the Zelda team + older Andromeda team members + fresh blood + Xenoblade team ?

Or maybe team up with UBISOFT ?

Financial risk could also be minimize with a crowdfunding campaign ?

It could also be a mix and be partially supported with crowdfunding and corporate investment. What we would need is at least a small technical/artistic demonstration. I am sure it would then be supported massively.

But this demo is necessary for the new generation of players, to convince them.

It has been 20 years now since PD SAGA, we need it back.

With current technology, the potential of an open world with such a rich world seems terrific and gives goosebumps

Need you guys :grin:

I think the game, in this day and age, would have to be a complete reboot. So, you don’t have to worry about it taking place in the past, or future. Why, because the series is almost forgotten by now. So take elements from all the PD games. Elements that made them unique and original:

Creative/compeling:

Main Character/story
Imperial Ship design
Dragon/monster design
Unique world to explore/different landscapes/ruins/towers/lakes/settlements, caravans, cities, towns, forests

And like you said it would have to be an open world game, being a complete reboot. And it “must” be an half action half rpg!!!

Absolutely I always meant a reboot, maybe my title was not clear enough so I updated it and will make sure to give a clear title on my petition too. As said, I fully support the revival project (existing games) which is a complementary project to this.

Regarding Past/‘present’/future, I was giving suggestions as I never wanted to close any doors. I mean I would still be happy if the series was revived with a sort of sci fi FPS which took place during a war in the “ancients” days… even though I would prefer an ACTION RPG game with the dragon back of course !

I will try to include the elements you added in section 2.

So yes, we agree on what would be a hit game: an action RPG obviously.

Guys, if you have anything else to add, suggest, correct me, please can you do it now as I want this to go live asap. Phase 2 will give me a bit more work too.

Until the petition is live, you can support the project by:

These 2 have just been created and need your support to help spreading the word.
Thanks

I didnt talk about the battle system as it will be a core element of the game. IMO, it probably needs to be more live based rather than turn by turn as I think dynamic battle is better these days, I enjoy it more.

But how would you achieve this without loosing some great feature we knew in SAGA (use of different spells…), thats where there is creativity involved too, it can becomre tricky but I am sure the right team could do awesome work…

Game design/gameplay and mechanics:

I think the game should stick to a time after the Ancient Age, because then: what is there to discover? I really liked uncovering the mystery of the ancient technology and ruins, and not being dropped into a time (past) when they were ordinary or common place. Seeing too much of the past spoils the mystery and allure PD presented. And if it were entirely set in the Ancient Age, the game might lose its identity (considering, this would be a reboot of the old games) and not feel or look like a PD game. You need to keep the flame of discovery and mystery alive!

As for the battle system, take a page from Orta: real time dragon morphing with the ability to lock on to and circle your enemy. As well as the ability to bring up a quick menu in real time (similar to what Final Fantasy 15 did) for accessing your other skills/Berserk techniques! Basically, just put Panzer Dragoon Saga’s battle system into real time! (no transitions, you see all enemies in the environment and you can lock-on target and begin to battle!)

Too much customization can become a problem for open-world games:

Also, there should be a focus on customization but not to the point where it becomes tedious. Like they could focus on gun and dragon upgrades only…and maybe your campsite. I learned from the Witcher 3, having to waste time to constantly manage, juggle, and organize your inventory/skills, takes too much time away from the flow of the game, and it is just not fun imo.

Absence of Team Andromeda: Possibility of losing the “feel” of the PD word

Also, there is another problem to consider: without enough, if any, members from the original Team Andromeda, is it even possible to re-capture the magic we all felt in the original games? Will something be lost in translation? A new teams vision, not on par with what came before it?!

Can new developers breathe life into a reboot, without it feeling generic?

Also, moving onto another key point that may need to be considered. Exploration/discovery. With an open world PD game we need to be exploring and looting ancient age ruins. So, these ruins need to not be repetitive, but unique.

Also, they need to plan out what we will learn from these ruins/towers. What is the purpose of the ancient age technology? What does it do? Why was it built? How does it affect the world? What hints about the past will we find, inside, while exploring? These ruins can’t just be there to look pretty and collect items. They must have purpose and lore within the world (if anything, superstitions about their nature form the worlds inhabitants or explanations from supporting characters)

A world full of lore, that feels organic

To live up to the Panzer Dragoon series name. The entirety of its lore. its world, its inhabitants, behaviors and the purpose of the monsters and their ecosystems, Imperial law and culture/traditions, the terrain/environment, the placement and function of the ancient age ruins…needs to comprehensively and creatively be planed out, in order to give this game life or more importantly, a soul.

Can another group of developers other than Team Andromeda pull such a task off? Being able to complete such a massive undertaking, without the game just feeling like another generic open-world game? I have my doubts…

I agree but in the same time, see what they did with Zelda BOTW. I guess not the whole staff had worked on Ocarina of time and yet… they did something great.

What I think this game needs is some members of the old days, and some new guys, the new generation, who might have played it, but a mixture of different people. We dont need and wont have the whole Team Andromeda back, this is very unlikely. But still I think great work can be done on a REBOOT and being consistent with the PD lore as we said.

Ideally Yukio Futatsugi on board…

I will edit my text and finalize this by the end of the week end, thanks !

A soft reboot would be my first choice, but I think a hard reboot could be great also.

I’m happy to proof-read this once you’ve finalised the text @Eliot-Ness, but I only want to do it once because it’s loooong.

What not to do:
Don’t deviate from the main formula or gameplay model. Don’t introduce sneaking mechanics or on-foot mechanics late in the game or only in certain parts. In my experience in gaming, sneaking or stealth segments usually never work in a game not designed around them.

Don’t have a multitude of soulless fetch quests. Make any side content or sidequests, meaningful to the story and not just for the purpose of prolonging it.

Also, should there even be on-foot segments with the main character fighting enemies with his gun? Or would that be too much of a deviation from the Dragon only, gamplay/battle system mentality? Or would it be better when moving to land, to just have the dragon run along like a horse; sort of like in Zwei?

I am not a hardcore extremist about Panzer Dragoon, I mean having on foot gameplay would be awesome to explore lands.

I cannot imagine an open world where land is not explorable, and you cannot reallistically fully explore all parts of the world on the back of a dragon. What if you could swim. Not feasible with the dragon. Need more city explorations too, so on foot based.

We might disagree here, but I have no problem with a HARD REBOOT. I want to be surprised, I dont want a new game using the old recipies. I mean lets keep the best, leave the rest.

My idea is to make this new game accessible to the widest audience as possible, it is not a game for the old fans. That will never happen, we’re too few (for the reasons we know). So our chance is to push and give ideas but not be too restrictive.
We need to show the potential a a new title, not focus on restricting the creativity of potential creative mind who would be willing to work on it.

Here is a video showing how ZELDA BOTW broke the conventions of the series.

My point is simple: we dont want the same results of course, but a similar approach/method would be so beneficial to the Panzer Dragoon series to create an ACTION RPG game. As we said, all ingredients are already there: its lore is so rich.

You could have a seamless transition between the two, so that the rider could get off the dragon when it lands on the ground. The dragon would follow you on foot if there’s space to do so. Battles without the dragon would play as you would expect - the rider would be overpowered by most monsters, making it too dangerous to venture into many areas without the dragon.

With a soft reboot, you wouldn’t need to follow the formula of the old games, just a loose continuation with previous events to acknowledge the history of the world.

Ok, I am proposing you this version of my text for your final review.

I have not included all the last points we discussed as I think I would still be time to talk about it with the person who would accept the project. I don’t want to discourage any effort at this point…

I know its a lot, I am hoping the formatting on change.org will be a bit better than what I show here.

If you are ok with this, I will go live quickly.

• Follow the status of this project via Twitter @PanzDragWorld

• You can also support the project of re-release of existing games here

First of all, let me start this saying this petition is not about requesting a remake or port of existing PD games. There is already the petition with this intent, which I personally support too and mentioned above.
I also want to thank panzerdragoonlegacy whose team does a fantastic work to keep the PD torch alight.

That being said, I think today, with current technology in the video gaming industry, the Panzer Dragoon World deserves a complete new story of its own. A reboot.

Regardless of how many signatures/supports this project will get, the present effort is also meant to raise awareness - among developers - on the potential and the strengths of such a project, should it be seriously considered. Not only would it be supported by the original PD fans (who are millenials and adults now, hence might have “a bit” of money to support this) but also among the newer generations who could support the project massively if the “demos” are ambitious and convincing enough. Yes, since PD was first released, we now have crowdfunding platforms…

Let me tell you why Panzer Dragoon World is a mine of gold.
Let me detail why we need a new Panzer Dragoon game:

1/ It has a fantastic story background and a huge potential…

…for sequels or prequels. Remember this world of the ancients ?
For any old PD game fan, it is well known that… we don’t know all we would like to. And this was most likely intentional. But for sure, there is still a lot to tell about panzer dragoon world and story. Whether before, after or in parallel to the events described in the existing games because the story is so rich.
It also has a unique lore, bestiary, a unique charm and mystery in the environments it pictures. And this is one of the key elements we would need back in a new game. It even needs to be expanded and explored more as one of its core strengths.

Due to the story it describes, this new game could tell us more about the ancients ? It would have a lot of technology and would be a sort of Sci-fi game telling us what happened before the PD games events ? Panzer Dragoon Origins ?
Or a game on the future after existing PD games ie after Orta ? Panzer Dragoon Evolution ?
Or tell a story in parallel as only 1/5th of the world is shown in each game ? Panzer Dragoon Chronicles ?

Imagine playing a hunter or a seeker exploring PD world on the back of a Koolia for rare items (flowers, insects…), walking its world by foot, having skills to defeat monsters without dragon at start, exploring its world, its cities, infiltrating…Or maybe the player would be a scientist, exploring ancient ruins for old artifacts, drones… ? You would make a plane before the dragons saves you when it crashes ?
Maybe a soldier from empire who would turn renegade ? or maybe all of this ? I am sure a team of professional full of creativity could come up with something brilliant.

With current generation of platforms, an open world is probably obvious (and I would personally love it). Exploring imperial capital would be great ? Maybe in the future, new powers would have been discovered from the ancient relics ? This open world approach has somehow been brilliantly initiated in Panzer Dragoon Saga.

One of the important things in an open world is to create striking moments iso that the player remembers some special times he had even when he was free roaming. And this is what Zelda BOTW did so well. We need this sort of consistency and depth in a new PD game.

Now, back at the gameplay, imagine the hero has gained special skills which allows him to control wildlife of PD world. Then the fights against wildlife would not be based on killing but on controlling their spirit ? You would then gain experience for this kind of skill and progress ?
The real enemy would be the empire (again ?) or a new one ? and you could only kill these enemies, not wildlife ? You could control wildlife to help you in fight.
Until something happens to one of those heroes and the dragon is back (but you don’t get it from the start).
You could explore dungeons, which would be ancient sites where you would discover technology & knowledge about the world as it has become.

These are purely suggestions I make to show what a reboot of the series could bring. I am not pretending those are the best ideas, they are humbly some of mine and the fans, and I am sure a team of professionals would have some fresh and fantastic ideas too !

Moebius did some fantastic illustrations which were used for PD series. We obviously need a new series of drawing and illustrations, a bit like the Zelda series recently. It helps building a strong artistic world.
Obviously, this new story would not require to have a previous knowledge of existing PD games. It would be self sufficient and in the same time could be an invitation to re play the older games (and here, a port or remake of those games could be mean more revenue for SEGA).

2/ It had one of the most beautiful and unique technical & artistic direction

When watching a film like Avatar, I had reminiscence of iconic PDS places like Uru lake, the forest and all such colorful places in the game. Also the way TORUK flies reminded me of PD dragon, they are not cliché fantasy world dragons, they look more swift.

It also had those vivid and vibrant colors which reminded me of URU and those similar places: forests, deserts, snow, sea, mines.
The game had so much impact on me, that more than 10 years later, that’s the kind of thoughts I had when watching Avatar. And this doesn’t happen often.

Why it can be the “make the difference” reboot:

Metroid only became so popular after several episodes, major success coming with first episode of the Prime trilogy.
Make an open world, re think fighting system, maybe similar to Zelda with simple fights being open and boss battles being ‘centered’.

Once you have cleared an area, or have gained experience/a certain level, you could play/unlock “routes” and play those routes as in the rail shooter original games. But this would be an option for the nostalgics mainly.

Also, one of the great things I liked when playing the first Assassin Creed was the eagle jump. I immediately though “this is so cool”. “Imagine you’d be able to do this in Panzer Dragoon but instead of falling in a haystack, the dragon would come to pick you up in the air !”
You’d somehow call the dragon when jumping from the cliff, mentally or with a sound.

Imagine an open world, where you can explore land but also travel quite high in the air for epic battles

Experience matters more than technics as confirmed and seen in Zelda botw. The latter game confirmed its unique mystery was part of it success. We don’t need ultra sharp graphics/textures, we need a well designed, a consistent and well finished story, an immersive environment, a hero we like to play. The interface in Zelda was great also because minimalistic, you were not drown in icons on map and so on.
This would be a good technical practice to respect PD beatiful world design.

3/ It also means one of the most beautiful OST for a game (PDS)

Music matters so much and it has always been so unique and authentic since PD Zwei (for me the music in first PD was a bit out of tune against the world it depicted but that’s just personal statement here).

The composer since PD Zwei, Saori Kobayashi, proved with her Terra Magica album that she still has so much talent and more ideas to compose on the PD theme. The Terra Nova was not composed for a game but the PD world was for sure the theme.
Listen to Horizon if you still doubt it.

Saori always has talent to translate the aerial elements into her music, with her keyboards. Also the martial battle atmosphere into martial rhythms…
You immediately know the music you hear is (for) Panzer Dragoon.

And Saori said it herself, she wanted to explore more elements than aerial elements with this record. Those elements we also need to explore in a new game !

Should there be a new PD world, should Saori be on board.

I personally purchased the Terra magica physical album. Do not hesitate to show love by supporting this artist via the link http://store.bravewave.net/album/terra-magica. You have the options of physical or digital music there.

4/ Because SEGA needs new iconic franchises and so do we

And when I say new, you will think Panzer Dragoon isn’t new ! And you’re right ! But this is why we need a hard reboot. So that the new generation of gamers can enjoy this fantastic world that is PD.

See what is currently being done with games like ZELDA BOTW and MARIO ODYSSEY, SONIC, METROID PRIME4. Those games are rebooted, there is a methodology that was used to define what was going to be kept from the original series, and what was going to be changed.

Well, I think the same methodology needs to be applied for PANZER DRAGOON.

We need an open world game, with RPG elements. At least we need something more profound than a rail shooter.
They may be technically great, they will only interest a fraction of players.
And I will be honest, if we didn’t have PDS, I wouldn’t be here with this petition.

SEGA needs to revitalize this franchise so it can become iconic.

We need a new game which creates bond with the player and keep you really engaged. A rail shooter game is an intense experience but once you finish it, you usually forget it quickly. Happened to me with PD 1 & 2 but that changed forever with PDS.

5/ The game would be fantastic on the NINTENDO SWITCH

Ok, I know some of you might see this as controversial. I am not asking for an exclusivity but I still think the game would be great if you could fly your dragon on the go as well as being able to play it home.

I am confident this would be a system seller.

But the best option would be for as many players to have the chance to play it, so an all platform (MICROSOFT, SONY, NINTENDO…) availability would be cool.

As a fan of the series, I would buy any console if ts became exclusive, but exclusivity is probably not the best option.
Why not offering exclusive dragon skins or bonuses for each platform/console.

Other questions:

• Now how do we fund this game ?

Well, a partnership between SEGA, NINTENDO (and its XENOBLADE TEAMs is MONOLITH SOFT) could work. Mutualise some of the Zelda team + older Andromeda team members + fresh blood + Xenoblade team ?
Or maybe team up with UBISOFT ?

I think graphic style of the game should probably be closer to something like ZELDA BOTW but a bit darker. We don’t want ultra realistic graphics, it needs to match the concept art style of the original series.

• Financial risk could also be minimized with a crowdfunding campaign ?

It could also be a mix and be partially supported with crowdfunding and corporate investment. What we would need is at least a small technical/artistic demonstration. I am sure it would then be supported massively.

What SEGA could do is let the next team have the right over a new game and keep the ones and the old games. This way, SEGA could still benefit from the success of the new game in terms of inirect marketing. SEGA could then re-release the old games. A win-win agreement ?

It has been 20 years now since PD SAGA, people still talk about it…

Ok Guys,

I will go live tonight

I’ve noticed your Twitter account. It’s a good idea, and keeping it active is really the most important part of what you’re trying to do. Followers mean more than signatures because followers typically interact with you. And if they stick around, it shows they’re interested. At least for games, I think petitions have lost much of their value. Not trying to dissuade you from posting it, but I think you’ll quickly find that there’s a lot more power in social media accounts compared to a petition.

Yea, I think you’re right, people are lazy and they probably won’t read the whole text. Plus Twitter has become a familiar place for many and they need to be kept entertained so that’s what I will do.
I will keep tweeting PD related stuff, as often as possible and REPEAT again & again & again that there is huge potential for a new game. I will also mention repeatedly the revival project coz we dont know what might come first, a port, a remake, a new game ? the think is to keep the ball rolling and have people talking about Panzer Dragoon.
Hopefully I will aggregate a descent amount of followers but that’s going to take a bit of time… we’ll see.
Every little helps.

I will try to contact SEGA directly too a bit later…

I publish it anyway since there are more details in the text of the petition.

Can you tell me if it works for you ?

panzerdragoonworld.com

Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to proof read this properly. Can you still edit the text now that the petition is live?

Good idea putting it on change.org. I think being part of a network of petitions can help bring in signatures from people who are there to sign similar petitions.

I have to wonder though, how much value a hard reboot has versus a new IP with similar characteristics. If you’re going to drop both the story and traditional gameplay you’re losing quite a bit in process.