I need accurate sources on Panzer Dragoon Saga

Greetings, fellow Panzer enthusiasts!

I’m researching Panzer Dragoon Saga: its development, Team Andromeda, the difficulties surrounding its release and subsequent calls for it to be remade/ported. I am looking for reliable, accurate sources of information, as a lot of my searches have ended with dead links to features and videos, which I’m guessing have been taken down.

Why do I need this stuff? Because I want to write about it and remind the gaming world that, while ‘Special Editions’ of games that came out only a year or two ago are all well and good, Panzer Dragoon Saga is a piece of highly influential gaming history that we could lose forever. I was behind a video review for Panzer Dragoon Saga that Solo Wing kindly featured on this site a couple of years ago (and it’s now one of the top-ranked PDS reviews on YouTube), just in case you’re wondering if I really know what I’m talking about! I still own this game, but I’m acutely aware of how vulnerable it is as a piece of hard media. I want everyone to be able to own it, to be as aware of it as they are of other major games that have shaped our glorious medium. I freely admit to being a journo with an agenda, in this instance.

So, what am I after? People I can interview, sources I can use that don’t begin with ‘wiki’ or end in ‘pedia’: if you know someone who worked on Panzer Dragoon Saga, or someone who’s connected to business interests who now own part or all of the rights to the game, or even if you know where I can find cited assets from PDS’s development stages, I want to hear from you! If an interview involves speaking Japanese I am prepared for that linguistic hurdle, so no worries there.

I’m in the process of reaching out through a number of different channels and this site is one of the biggies in terms of potential. I welcome any and all advice from this splendid forum. Please do get in touch, either here or via email if you prefer - just send me a message!

Cheers,
Alex Lemcovich

Sounds interesting, I’ll see if I can dig up any old interviews with Team Andromeda.

1 Like

From memory, 1up.com has a number of articles on the Panzer Dragoon games, including interview(s).

I think it would be worthwhile compiling a list of interviews with Team Andromeda/Smilebit members for future reference.

1 Like

Yeah, 1up was sourced for a number of PDS bits, but most of the articles have been lost since the site was abandoned. Lots of dead links and not much else. The recent posts on Orta from classic SEGA Magazine are useful, though, so thanks for those!

Have you tried archive.org versions of those 1up links?

1 Like

This 1up article still works: http://www.1up.com/features/panzer-dragoon-saga-retrospective

There are interview questions in the later pages.

1 Like

Cheers! And no, I’ll attempt that. Appreciate the help!

You can try http://archive.org/web/ to get the whole pages which contains the data. I have used it for my site recovery last month when it crashed the data base. Thanks

1 Like