GOG Galaxy

I don’t think gog tends to offer linux versions. Edit: oh, so they do nowadays. But Galaxy still isn’t available. Seems like an afterthought to them and reliant on if the actual game developer, for new releases, has such a version. Valve is working on that proton thing for Steam games to work on linux. Idk how it fares though.

Be sure to participate in our GOG giveaway for Panzer Dragoon: Remake which ends soon.

Also, this is interesting:

I wonder if Galaxy will be able to gain a larger foothold by being more inclusive of other stores than Steam? If I can eventually buy and manage most PC games (DRM-free or otherwise) through a single app, there’s less of a need for something like Steam to act as an entry point.

1 Like

If you’d asked me a year ago, I would have said there’s no way we’ll ever see Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, let alone on GOG. And yet, here we are.

I thought the same thing with Control. Every once in a while they get some great AAA games along with the indies and CDPR games. Will always wait for the GOG version!

1 Like

The problem is, there’s a fair amount of guesswork regarding if and when games will arrive on GOG. With the Epic exclusives, these tend to last around a year before arriving on Steam. But with Steam -> GOG, there’s often no indicator when they’ll arrive.

Anyway, I recommend Horizon. It’s story has a lot of similarities with Panzer Dragoon.

Looks like Sega may be bringing some games to GOG! Based on the emoji, perhaps an Alien title?

It’s finally on GOG:

1 Like

Purchased on sale. Drm free!!!

1 Like