Beyond Good & Evil 2

A Walkthrough of the E3 prototype! Awesome! Looks extremely promising!

1 Like

Looks awesome if you ask me.

Imagine this kind of engine with a PD reboot: different scales when you fly, when you would explore the world by foot, on the back of a coolia etc…

First gameplay demo! Shaping up nicely.

So, Skies of Arcadia in Space!! That’s really cool! It looks like it’s going to be just as creative as the first game and fun to play as well! The sense of scale is fantastic!!

It’s also cool that users can create their own graffiti on the walls of the city as well as Nasca-like designs from space. I just hope the developers have their own designs and we can turn it off if we want.

Looks like were getting another gameplay demonstration video June 5th right before E3! According to this:

I think I found the video:

I guess the game is not coming out this year and is still 1 to 2 years off…

So, unfortunately the director Michael Ancel has retired! According to this article, before he left he worked closely with the dev team to bring his vision to life and keep the general aesthetics and atmosphere that make Beyond Good & Evil what it is. So, I hope the game doesn’t lose its direction and general feel with Michel gone!

They plan to show hours of gameplay off next year…

This isn’t good. I feel like a project like this needs the direction of the one that really believes in it. I’m not sure anyone else would (or even could) have the passion that Ancel had for BG&E!

Well, at least he set the groundwork before he left. They better keep everything he envisioned!

So, Ubisoft had their press conference at E3 and there was still no mention of Beyond Good & Evil 2! Seriously, is this game ever going to come out?!!

Yeah it seems like Ubisoft are happy to milk the franchises they have, AC, FC, WD, RS, GR etc… and not so keen on releasing anything fresh.

1 Like

Beyond Good & Evil 2 has beat Duke Nukem Forever as the most delayed game of all time!

What a joke. Can’t see this game ever coming out

I just can’t believe Michel Ancel is gone. Because that could have negatively cascading implications if, and when, the game actually does come out…Losing the main creator is never a good sign.

They should just can it at this point right? Do we really want a game that strays so far from the original formula? That isn’t actually a sequel? That doesn’t have Ancel attached? That’s been in development hell longer than anything else…?

1 Like

Well, since the last gameplay video it seems a lot of the game is already complete and realized. Just looking at the scale of things is impressive. Like how you’re aloft on your ship in orbit, staring down at the planet below. And the city looks interesting.

I don’t know if I like this whole prequel business with Jade as an antagonist though…That’s a whole other matter!

Phew!! Looks like among the recently canceled Ubisoft games, Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development! See you on Playstation 6!

Oh, boy…Here we go again…!

"Beyond Good and Evil 2: Studio Director Reportedly Out at Ubisoft"

“Ubisoft Montpellier is reportedly facing a labor investigation from local government authorities.”

“Sources told Kotaku that the developers are still struggling to nail down a fun and achievable creative vision for Beyond Good and Evil 2.”

So sad about the game and also Ubisoft. They were my fav 3rd party developer for a few gen, but this gen they’ve been rather poor and making bad choices