Beyond Good and Evil

I read that the BG&E team is now working on a new game based on Peter Jackson’s new king Kong movie, crashing the hopes of the BG&E fans hoping for a sequel. What’s funny though is that Peter Jacksons is a bit of a gamer himself, and a big fan of Beyond Good and Evil (he even asked Michel Ancel, creator of Rayman and BG&E, for a signed copy of the game). This is part of the reason why Jackson wanted the BG&E team to make the new King Kong game. So ironically, despite its low sales, BG&E did manage to help Ubisoft get hold of a big movie license.

I would just like to say, if someone said that there would be another King Kong movie being made, I wouldn’t of beleived them. I would of said to them that it was a stupid idea:

1 - Jurassic Park 3 done the homage to King Kong with the shipping of a large creature in a freighter which manages to escape and run rampant in a city.

2 - Mighty Joe Young.

3 - Some blonde female (obviously sexually attractive, voluptious and really brainy) developing feelings for a 60 foot hairy beast, and everyone knowing the plot of the movie already is just boring. Even with cool special effects I don’t see anything here that is worthwhile. I think Jackson probably is doing this film for personal reasons.

Despite all that rant… I’d probably still watch it though http://www.streamload.com/giga_d/XBOX_LIVE/PICS/smilie.GIF

[quote=“Giga_D”]
1 - Jurassic Park 3 done the homage to King Kong with the shipping of a large creature in a freighter which manages to escape and run rampant in a city.[/quote]

Actually, that was Jurassic Park 2. Not that it matters.

After Ubisoft gave this game away for free last year, I finally got around to playing it, and I must say I was impressed.

It felt like stepping back in time to a simpler version of video games, where making art was actually more important than sales. It’s such a wonderful world, I loved all the different locations, creatures and characters. It made me feel like I was stepping into a rich world and becoming part of it, and I cared what happened in this unique place.

They really don’t make them like this any more, and it’s such a shame.

1 Like

Hopefully we’ll get the sequel in a few years! At least before the next Nintendo system…

I always yearn for games like this. Games that feel alive, real, creative. Worlds with their own unique history, lands, and culture. Games like the Panzer series, Skies of Arcadia, SOTC, ICO, Gravity Rush series, to name a few!